Just Labradors banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, what a long weekend!!!! Got to meet Karen (Hoss, Kodi and Belle's Mom) and that was great fun!!! Friday Caleb did one go out and then not the second. Oh, he also blew his down signal right off so we worked.

Saturday we got our second leg! Not pretty, but he did it!!!! Still walked in on the go-outs but not all the way in. Score was a little better than our first leg, so I was happy. We got first place, too!

Yesterday and today he came in on his go-outs. Oh frustrating! Everything else was just ok.

Open on Friday and Saturday was ok--lost too many points on heeling for my taste but yesterday and today we were back with 196 1/2 and 196.

We're tired. Lew has posion ivy and that certainly added a damper to the weekend. Now I'm doing laundry with all his yucky clothes.

·
Registered
10,258 Posts
Okay, I missed when you got your first leg????

CONGRATS. You are almost there !!!

I don't think Ruger will ever do it, I'm discouraged right now and haven't even had time to train :(

·
Registered
3,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
raian said:
Okay, I missed when you got your first leg????

CONGRATS. You are almost there !!!

I don't think Ruger will ever do it, I'm discouraged right now and haven't even had time to train :(
We got our first leg two weeks after your show. That was the show were we were frozen out of our room and got there just in time for our Open run.

Trust me, I know how discouraging it can be. The go-outs are just about ready to do me in. I certainly have been there! Not sure what I'll do about them. Tomorrow's class will be interesting.

Again, I had the judges telling me all weekend what a wonderful dog Caleb is and I don't realize the potential that is in him. It is true--right now I can only see the problem with the go-outs. My practice jumps came while I was gone so I can begin to do go-outs with jumps.

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Congratulations!!! ;D

·
Registered
574 Posts
Susan - HOORAY!!! So what if it wasn't pretty - when you add UD to Caleb's name - no one posts the scores. I am thrilled for you and Caleb and golly - his Open scores are GREAT!!! I know that just like Terry you want to do well and I think that will come once the UD is finished and its on to UDX. I have a new appreciation for how hard a UD is to obtain. Leg 3 is so close I can almost see it for you and Caleb - I hope it comes soon and even before Waynesburg but if not - then there so I can see it!!!

And - its not a small brag. A second UD leg is a wonderful accomplishment. B

·
Registered
5,187 Posts
WOOHOO!!!!! Congrats on that 2nd leg and the wonderful open scores too! What a busy weekend.

·
Registered
3,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks all! Class was awesome today and have some new things to try to help Caleb gain the confidence he needs to stay out there on those go outs!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts