Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
10,307 Posts
Look at the good side. He behaved for a week, right? HK failed at 3 days multiple times that earned her another month in the crate each time.

I don't know about the aerial, but don't be blaming Dylan for the slippers. Who left them out and available? You! Back in the crate you go.:mad:

·
Registered
5,915 Posts
he'll be fine back in the crate. :) maybe he'll be able to handle freedom better when he is older.

·
Registered Users
10,466 Posts
I was in too much of a hurry for pics I'm afraid ! It really wasn't too bad but his chewing cables worried me !
No no you don't understand. Ed said:

Originally Posted by HersheyK's Dad
I don't know about the aerial, but don't be blaming Dylan for the slippers. Who left them out and available? You! Back in the crate you go.:mad:
We want to see pics of you in the crate! :D

As to the chewing cables problem, I cured mine on day 1 by wetting a rag, sprinkling pepper on it & wiping it along the length of the cable. When it dries, the pepper will stay on it. When the offending mutt gets a taste of the pepper, it's usually enough to cure the problem. I've had 2 Pugs that tried to eat my speaker cables & a live extension lead. I soon put an end to that game. :D

·
Registered
53 Posts
As to the chewing cables problem, I cured mine on day 1 by wetting a rag, sprinkling pepper on it & wiping it along the length of the cable. When it dries, the pepper will stay on it. When the offending mutt gets a taste of the pepper, it's usually enough to cure the problem. I've had 2 Pugs that tried to eat my speaker cables & a live extension lead. I soon put an end to that game. :D
Your a genius !!! seriously, I've been trying to figure this out myself, but never even thought of trying something like this

·
Registered
21,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
No no you don't understand. Ed said:

We want to see pics of you in the crate! :D

I won't fit ! That's not to say I shouldn't be in there though !

·
Registered
454 Posts
We put Vicks on our cables. Worked great with Finley but Kira has more tenacity. She chewed despite Vicks, Tabasco, pepper and bitter apple. Kira especially enjoyed the cables on mobile phone chargers in her youth. Finley was more discerning and chewed the phone. They're both well and truly over it now though, so it goes to show that even an avid chewer can be cured.

Oh and I second the request for crate pics. :D

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Awwww man! Sorry Colin.

·
Registered
6,118 Posts
It was fun while it lasted, eh Dylan?

BTW, you want to test out whatever substance you're thinking of applying as a deterrent first, you might be surprised to find that it could function as an attractant by mistake. I learned this from my first cat who was obsessed with chewing through the flat cord from the phone jack to the phone. I considered using Tabasco sauce, but he loved it, and I was **** sure I wasn't going to make him Cajun phone cords. I tried the fluorescent orange Chinese hot oil, just to find that he was a maniac for it and would lick it straight from the bottle if I let him. He was a complete freak for anything spicy, the hotter the better. Finally I discovered he had an aversion to citrus, so lemon-juice finally did the trick.

·
Registered
21,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Me too, for both you and Dylan- how old is Dylan? For some reason I was thinking he was around a yr. Sorry big boy, Dad is right, back in jail for you!
You are right Di that's why I'm not THAT disappointed ! He's nearly a year old !

Still he loves his crate and that's a blessing !

1 - 20 of 20 Posts