Just Labradors banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OH, BOTHER
ER yesterday was more concerned about the right finger, they did not give the left arm more than a glance until the finger was stabilized, but they discharged me after surgery. The pain in the left arm got worse today. Could not rotate my left arm, or open jars or turn doorknobs. Went back to the ER tonight. This time they took x rays. I have a crack in the radial head of my left elbow. I have to call the ortho guy Monday for follow up. They said there was nothing to do for a crack. Just don't use it, ice it, and rest it.
LD

·
Registered
3,479 Posts
Oh you did a major job on yourself didn't you?

Take it easy while it heals but with the left arm and the right hand out of commision you are not going to be able to do a lot.

By the way how are you typing??the one finger hunt and peck method?

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
Oh man. I hope you heal quickly. You sure got banged up, but I'm so glad it wasn't worse!

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
As an ER nurse, when your looking at possible "loss of limb", you take it very serious! Glad they paid attention to that, but very sorry you had to make a 2nd trip to the ER- hope all the owies heal quickly!! Di

·
Registered
5,336 Posts
Oh gosh, Andy. You sure did a number on yourself. So glad it wasn't any worse!

Heal quickly, Labdad.

·
Registered
3,895 Posts
oh poor you

hoping you don't find more major aches as the arm and finger mend :(

hang in there

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
Oh, Andy, that's too bad. :( To have both arms out of use has to be miserable. I hope that workmen's comp is covering everything for you and you have paid time off work until you are fully healed.

·
Registered
10,258 Posts
Ouch and double ouch! I'm glad you went to get it checked though so you didn't end up making matters worse by forcing yourself to use it.

Take it easy for a while!!

·
Registered
7,052 Posts
Andy, I'm so sorry. This must be so hard on you. Just let the wifey take good care of you. Keep us updated on your progress. Let the Lablets take care of you, too.

·
Registered
11,079 Posts
Sorry you had to go bad. Boy, when you have an accident, you don't have a minor one do you? Anyway continued healing thoughts. Take it easy and heal up.

·
Registered
8,472 Posts
Oh, golly, Andy!! You're going to be laid up for quite awhile, I'm afraid. I think these bone and joint problems don't heal quickly. Hope you'll have as speedy and complete a recovery as possible. Hope you're where you can take interesting walks with the dogs.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
OUCH!!
Make sure you heed their advice, Andy!!!
*wags finger*

1 - 18 of 18 Posts