Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Try to make it brief.
Ran all sorts of test and a chest xray. Chest because Kramer does have a severe heart murmur. All came back clear. That said we are treating as seizures and giving him phenobarb.
If this does not help or they persist for become more frequent we need to look into the fact these may be due to brain cancer or brain tumor.

I took Cinder in for a growth and I wanted to run some bloodwork to recheck her thyroid and voice more concerns I have about her heart.
Again we ran bloodwork, waiting on thyroid, and chest xray.
Did not like what we saw.
Her heart was rounded, her lungs had fluid. Congestive heart failure :( Put her on Enalapril.

But she did comment on the muscle atrophy. She said even in dogs who she has seen taking higher doses of pred and for longer she has never seen a dog atrophy so bad. Then on the x-ray we saw that her bones were actually thin.
She really thinks Cinder has some really rare muscle and maybe bone disorder. She said one we may never find the name for...
...but she also commented and smiled that we made it to 10!! And that she does not think Cinder is done yet.

But we do have to put her under for her tumor. :( She would have did it today but not with her heart going so strongly. She wants her on the meds for a couple weeks first. So it aint over!!

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
Aaah... I hope that the meds work for Kramer and that it turns out to be JUST seizures. I also hope that Cinder's surgery will go well.
Lots of hugs and good thoughts coming your way!

·
Registered
28,830 Posts
I hope the pheno helps your little guy. Remember, it can take 6-8 weeks or longer to really kick in.
I'm sorry there wasn't a better report for you beloved Cinder, but good to hear she's "not done yet"? : -)

·
Registered
6,118 Posts
Oy, it really does seem to all hit at once, doesn't it? I know the feeling.

Good thoughts continuing for you, Karamer, and Cinder.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts