Just Labradors banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We had a great time in Louisville. Didn't do the best in the world. Neither Sally nor Spud made any of the finals. Sally was an alternate in both Semi-Pro Big Air and Speed Retrieve Finals, but that's as close as we got.

One thing I was very proud of was Sally finishing in the top 10 (#8) of Iron Dog. Iron Dogs are dogs that do all three disciplines: Big Air, Extreme Vertical and Speed Retrieve. There's some formula that they use to calculate all their distances/speeds from their waves to come up with an Iron Dog Score.

That Sally....she might not be a big jumper, but she's a determined scrapper. She always manages to hang in there with 'em!

This is Sally in one of her Speed Retrieve runs. I think she likes Speed Retrieve the best.

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Here is one of Sally's Extreme Vertical jumps. It was a miss, however. Hubby didn't get any of her grabs.

One last photo. Badger got to make a pass through the crowds as a Chase Away Canine Cancer Donation Dog. He still needs to get the hang of it. He was much more interested in the bits of food that had dropped on the floor under the bleachers than he was in schmoozing the crowds for money!

We had a dock diving club challenge at this event and raised almost $600 for Chase Away Canine Cancer!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
13,524 Posts
Your husband sure takes great pictures. Congrats to Sally on her 8th place Iron Dog finish, and to all of you for raising money.

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Great pictures, I love the look of concentration Sally always has. Badger looks like he's worried he may have missed a scrap on the floor and doesn't want to progress forward until it's been retireved!

·
Registered
6,054 Posts
I was there watching on Saturday. I wondered if you were there, but hadn't read anything about you coming to Louisville. I wonder if I saw you?
The next time you come to this area, pm me. I'd love to meet you and watch your dogs!

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I was there watching on Saturday. I wondered if you were there, but hadn't read anything about you coming to Louisville. I wonder if I saw you?
The next time you come to this area, pm me. I'd love to meet you and watch your dogs!
Oh darn! I wish you had have said something to me!!! I would loved to have met you. On Saturday, Sally jumped in the Speed Retrieve wave (10:00) and then she didn't jump until the Extreme Vertical Wave which was the last one of the day, around 6:30 or 7:00. She did get in a couple of practice jumps during the day, however.

Spud jumped twice on Saturday, but I'm not sure which waves. He was in his black competition vest. Hubby jumped him, but Spud was having trouble for some reason. He kept stopping at the end of the dock all weekend long.

Did you enjoy the competition?

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
Awesome pictures! Congratulations at 8th place for Sally and for raising the money. :) Good job!!

·
Registered
6,054 Posts
Oh darn! I wish you had have said something to me!!! I would loved to have met you. On Saturday, Sally jumped in the Speed Retrieve wave (10:00) and then she didn't jump until the Extreme Vertical Wave which was the last one of the day, around 6:30 or 7:00. She did get in a couple of practice jumps during the day, however.

Spud jumped twice on Saturday, but I'm not sure which waves. He was in his black competition vest. Hubby jumped him, but Spud was having trouble for some reason. He kept stopping at the end of the dock all weekend long.

Did you enjoy the competition?
I was there in the afternoon. I did enjoy watching. Did they have kind of a newbie jump around 3:30? There were a lot of dogs jumping then that did not make it very far off the dock. And one adorable yellow that wouldn't jump. He would run to the end of the dock and stop, looking down into the water--he was wagging all over and you could tell he wanted to jump, but just was too timid. There were also a few that I could tell were regulars. Those were the only ones that got measured and announced. I left around 4.

·
Registered
14,925 Posts
Great pics! I can tell Sally did enjoy the competition even tho she didn't win :).

Awww smooches for Badger. Just love him! WTG about raising 600 dollars for CACC!

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I was there in the afternoon. I did enjoy watching. Did they have kind of a newbie jump around 3:30? There were a lot of dogs jumping then that did not make it very far off the dock. And one adorable yellow that wouldn't jump. He would run to the end of the dock and stop, looking down into the water--he was wagging all over and you could tell he wanted to jump, but just was too timid. There were also a few that I could tell were regulars. Those were the only ones that got measured and announced. I left around 4.
That wave probably had a lot of new dogs in it. All the dogs registered for the wave jump together. They are not separated out for the jumping, only the scoring. The new dogs are great. We all had to start somewhere!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts