Just Labradors banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:D

I missed JL! My brother and SIL made fun of me for that of course! There were only a few dogs on the beach because I don't think dogs are officially allowed on the beaches in Captiva but there was a yellow Lab girl who was swimming and rock fetching for what seemed like hours...obsessed. She reminded me of Zoe.:)
Then a black Lab mix who was with a family a few yards over decided to make friends and hang out with us for a few hours. She was such a cutie. The owners were calling her a traitor. We kept giving her bottled water and icecubes. The owners said they found her in their field back in Ohio last year. She was only 4 weeks old or so, abandoned with a can of dog food. The owner said she was ugliest, sickest puppy and they didn't think she would make it. Well she did and she was such a sweetie. I am glad I got to meet her.
Of course we missed our own dogs...

We had such a nice relaxing vacation. I was hesitant to go away so soon after my Dad's passing but Mom insisted that I stick with our plans. I am glad we did. We had such a relaxing time we booked a week for next year in March. ;D
Here are a few pictures

SU, me and my brother Tim

me kayaking

Didn't take enough pictures :(

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
That was probably the best thing you could have done Molly. Good for the soul.
Glad you had a nice time. :)

·
Registered
5,268 Posts
Welcome back, Molly. I'm glad you kept your plans, too. I hope you're feeling a bit relaxed, because of it. Pictures are cute - you and your brother look alike!

Kayaking looks nice, too -

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
Nice! Gosh, Sanibel/Captiva is one of my favorite places in the world. It's like a different planet there.

Glad you had a good time. Welcome home!

·
Registered
16,129 Posts
I'm so glad you had a good time. You deserved it, Molly. I love the pictures. Captiva is just wonderful. We spent several days on Sanibel a couple years ago; it was fantastic.

·
Registered
6,666 Posts
I'm glad you had such a nice time. I love your pics, you all have such big smiles. :) Sometimes you just need some sunshine and laughs.

·
Registered
16,472 Posts
Welcome back, Molly! Glad you had a great time. Looks so relaxing.

LOL at the yellow lab. Yeps, that be Zoe. obsessed, indeed.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Welcome back! Sounds like a relaxing vacation. I bet it was nice being on the beach.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts