Just Labradors banner
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a little bored today so I've been thinking about baby names. We plan to find out what we're having so we'll wait until then to decide on a name but I'm starting to make lists of both boys and girls names. I hate looking through the baby name lists where I can't even pronounce 1/2 of them so I thought I'd see what you all could come up with. So what are your favorite baby names? I like something not real common but not difficult either. We liked Aubrey because it was easy to spell and say but a little different too (although now I know several baby girls named Aubrey).

·
Registered
4,287 Posts
I've always loved the name Lily. Just simple and pretty.
I love that name too, but we named out cat Lily so we could never use it for a baby.
My best friend just found out she's having a boy yesterday, her 3rd child. She and I have been talking a lot about names.
I find that it's a lot harder coming up with a boys name than a girls.
Right now I really like Brady for a boy.
A lot of the girls names I like are very popular right now, Isabel, Abigail and Leah come to mind.

My husband and I toss around name ideas a lot, both of our last names end in y. I didn't change my name when we got married so if we ever have kids their middle name will be my last name. There are a lot of names I like that end in y, but that wouldn't sound good with our 2 last names.

I like Carley (Karli, Carlie) but it rhymes with my last name.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
I can't wait to find out what you're having!!

I like unique names that are "made up" but sound nice. My neice, Heather, named her baby girl "Kayzee" which is a combination of Heathers nickname - Hez - and her sister Katie.

My friend named her daughter Meeshinelle (I don't know how to spell it, but that's how it sounds) which is a combination of her name (Michelle) and her husband (Brian).
Another couple I know - Ellen and Brian named their daughter Elianna, another combo.
:)

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
I like Carley (Karli, Carlie) but it rhymes with my last name.
LOL that would be funny!!! :D

I love Lili, too. My cousin named her twins Emma and Olivia - I love both of those names!!!!

·
Registered
6,114 Posts
For boys, I love Christian. There are several others I like, like Aiden and Ian, but I think they've gotten almost too popular to use. I don't like a name that screams the year the kid was born. Somebody is named Jennifer, Jessica, Kyle or Tyler and you don't even have to ask when they were born.

I now like more classic names like Charles and William. They come with a ready-made kid's nickname and then a more formal one to use as an adult.

I'd never be able to name a girl. Girls names just don't strike me the ways boy's do.

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I love my huge family but it is hard to find names that are not used ;) My neice is Emma and I have a cousin Avari
Right now I have Kaitlyn (Catlyn), Carissa, Casey, Charlotte, Crystal (Krystal), Catrina, Joni for girls, Austin, Kaden, Jordan for boys. Of course I haven't made it very far in the lists yet.

·
Registered
14,287 Posts
I tend to favor traditional, classic names (like my Olivia & Anna)

What I am NOT a fan of, is simple name and spelling it like a 4 year old just to be "different". Like that dimwit Caite on TAR, for example. It's KATIE, or KATY. *grumble*

Had my girls been born boys, we had chosen John, Will, and Ben.

Olivia was always going to be Olivia Grace, but Anna was almost last minute. I had chosen Bridget for my mom, or Ava. Steve didn't like Ava, and Mom never liked her name so she talked me down on Bridget. So Anna Caroline it was.

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
I wanted a Hope. OH, how I wanted to name one of our girls Hope.

Did I get a Hope.

Nope!

I also wanted an Erin. That didn't happen, either.

For boys, we were looking at Neil, Hugh, and Brad. We have a triple-syllable last name, so short first names were the order of the day.

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
For a boy i like Owen and for a Girl i like Charlotte (actually, i like Charlee for a girl, but this gives her the option to use either as an adult). I like Caitlyn but i prefer to spell the short form Cait over Kate.. katie i'm not a fan of.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
How could I forget? I love certain boys names for girls :
Frankie
Charlie
****, what were the other sisters names on "Sisters"?!

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
Morgan is good for a boy or a girl, I like Signe for a girl (the flower girl at my first wedding was named signe and that kid did and still does fart rainbows - she is awesome and that has a lot to do with why I like the name) Eleni, Anthea, Adelaide, Shayne for girls

Kyler, Thomas (this was supposed to be my name and I came out a girl), Miller....I can't remeber what else was on my list when I ws pg.

·
Registered
13,489 Posts
I also love the name Lily. And I like both of my grandmother's names: Emma and Anna. I think the old fashioned names are becoming popular again too. I like Grace and Eleanor. My neice had a baby and named her Quinn.

Boys are harder. I like Amy's nephew's name, Carter. My dad wanted me to name my son Jeremiah after Jeremiah Johnson. I said no way!

1 - 20 of 66 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.