Just Labradors banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's the update...Moka had her surgery and came through it fine. She came out of the anesthesia ok, but they had to sedate her again because my tough little girl just wants to get up and move around. She does not want to stay still, so they sedated her so that she could rest. I'm not sure yet when she will be able to come home-either tomorrow or Wednesday. We will find out tomorrow...it all depends on how she is managing the pain and if she's resting enough. The surgeon is recommending that we NOT go visit her, because he does not want her to get all worked up when she sees us and have the emotional distress of seeing us leave her again. So as much as it is killing me, I don't think we are going to see her tonight. It is in her best interest not to. I will be calling though!!

So, she broke both her tibia and her fibula. He put pins in to stabilize the bones and then put an external fixture, screwed into the side of her legs, on the outside to immobilize the leg.
I'm sure the recovery is not going to be the most fun I've ever had, but I can't wait to get her home where she belongs. I miss her so much.
I knew I loved her, but I didn't realize just how much until I heard her screaming in pain...it almost killed me. I will hear that sound in my head for the rest of my life...I hope I never hear it again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.