Just Labradors banner
1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Baby Girl has not been eating much the last couple of weeks. This morning I hand fed her seven baby carrots. She was alert and mobile. We got home about 4:30p this afternoon. She went out did her business and came back in. About 5p she started yelping, moaning and crying. She could not get up. It appeared she had urinated underneath herself. She kept her left rear leg stretched out and was moving by sitting and pushing her hindquarters forward.

A neighbor picked her up for me as I have a broken bone in my left arm and a cast on my right hand. Baby cried and moaned the entire trip to the vet. Jack kept trying to get between her and me and she pushed him out of the way. He finally sat on the back seat and let her alone. Vet techs met us at the car w/ a stretcher.

The vet said she had no feelings in her rear legs. Her sphinctor muscle was dilated, and she was in obvious distress. He recommended we put her down. Baby crossed the Bridge about 6:30p Virginia time. Her remains will be cremated and returned to us.

·
Registered
6,054 Posts
Oh so very sorry to hear this. Fly with the angels Baby Girl.

·
Registered
11,990 Posts
Oh, I am so very sorry for your loss. You did the right thing in letting her go. So hard!

Run Free Baby Girl!

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Andy, I am sorry for your loss. Rest peacefully sweet girl. I hope you are starting to feel better from your accident. Take care. Pat

·
Registered
6,676 Posts
Oh Andy...I am very sorry to hear this. Godspeed Baby Girl. :(

·
Registered
4,543 Posts
I am so sorry for your loss. Run free baby girl!

1 - 20 of 78 Posts