Just Labradors banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Puff and I are in the downstairs bathroom/storm shelter but we should be able to get out soon.

On The Weather Channel's radar, it looks like the severe T-storm (with a radar siggy indicating a tornado) is going to graze Topeka but to the east, Lawrence, Kansas City, and a diagonal swath through parts of Missouri, Nebraska, Iowa, Illinois, and Michigan are in for some severe storms tonight & tomorrow morning.

This whole coming week is projected to have T-storms and, since the weather in the Northern Hemisphere usually travels from the West to East, I suppose much of the eastern USA (and possibly Canada from Toronto east) is potentially in for a week of strong storms.

Oh, well, the advantage of living in Tornado Alley is that the warning systems are usually first rate and (most) everyone is sensitized to proper precautions & procedures.

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
We had tornado sirens this afternoon and are in for some pretty rough storms and 60+ mph winds tonight.

Stay safe, everyone!

·
Registered
10,719 Posts
We're up in the cold here, 80's yesterday 40's today, good thing we didn't get no nasty storms, we have a big tent in the parking lot at work and are having a tent sale. We were supossed to have them but the cold front shifted to far south. Told them yesterday i'd take pictures of the tent blowing down.:D

·
Registered
10,307 Posts
Bob, Time for you and Puff to get yourselg out of tornado alley. We seldom get touchdowns around here, maybe one every 5 years near the Twin Cities. Great dog parks! Everything you and Puff would need, and no tornadoes.

·
Registered
10,345 Posts
Glad you all are safe! The sirens were going off this AM about 6:30. I didn't know it, got up, let the boys out and then heard the sirens. I will be the one they find sound asleep, on a mattress, with two dogs and a cat, 6 miles from home.

Wichita got pounded pretty good today from what I gather.

Stay safe every0one!

·
Registered
10,719 Posts
We had a nasty severe thunderstorm line pass through this afternoon but missed us by about 5 miles, just got rain. Good thing, with that big tent out in the parking lot at work for the tent sale it could have got ugly (We were hoping if we got hit, it would blow far enough away we wouldn't be expected to pick it up.)

Looks like Bob might get some nasty agiin, you too Guy. Keep your heads down.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts