Just Labradors banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today would have been Crash's birthday. At least, we always celebrated it on April 1, as we didn't know exactly when he was born.

He's been gone for six years now. So hard to believe.

Happy birthday, Crash, my most wonderful boy ever. You were my soul mate. I always knew, from the time you were only a puppy, that you were a very special boy and that I was so very lucky to have you. Remember how I used to sit and just look at you while you were napping? That's always what I was thinking: How lucky I was to have you in my life.

I've missed you so much for the past six years. I still cry sometimes, though I know you wouldn't like that and wouldn't want me to feel bad.

I still have never met your equal, dear Crash. You were an all-around great dog in every way that was important, to me anyway. You may have never won a ribbon, and I never even taught you to heel did I? But you were so kind and gentle, and I remember that the tricks you did know, you really enjoyed doing. The cutest thing had to be sit up and beg. I don't know of many dogs your size who could do that!

I hope you will be waiting for me one day, dearest boy. I think you will. Sure do love you, still and always.

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
Thank you for sharing Crash w/us over the years. It's clear that you loved every hair on his head. And thanks to your generosity in bringing him here, now we do, too!

RIP Crashboy.

·
Registered
14,925 Posts
Awwww Connie! (((HUGS))) That was the sweetest tribute for the sweetest boy. Happy Birthday in heaven Crash. You are missed and loved.

The cutest thing had to be sit up and beg. I don't know of many dogs your size who could do that!
I can imagine that Connie! How cute!!

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
That was very sweet! RIP Crash.

·
Registered
6,118 Posts
Connie, I'm not quite sure how to say this so bear with me while I bumble through. But I read the title of your thread and immediately though what a bittersweet milestone it is when significant anniversaries sneak up on us, rather than having them loom on the emotional horizon as they approach. I hope you know what I mean, but I was amazed the first time that I realized it was my beloved George's (first cat, and amazing personality) birthday and I hadn't thought about it until the day itself (I think he was gone about 4 or 5 years, maybe longer before that happened). And that's when I really truly started smiling more than crying about it.

I'm sure Crash is waiting for you - but not mournfully, just patiently.

·
Registered
11,079 Posts
I just wanted to say Happy Birthday Crash -- gone but not forgotten.

·
Registered
12,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Connie, I'm not quite sure how to say this so bear with me while I bumble through. But I read the title of your thread and immediately though what a bittersweet milestone it is when significant anniversaries sneak up on us, rather than having them loom on the emotional horizon as they approach. I hope you know what I mean, but I was amazed the first time that I realized it was my beloved George's (first cat, and amazing personality) birthday and I hadn't thought about it until the day itself (I think he was gone about 4 or 5 years, maybe longer before that happened). And that's when I really truly started smiling more than crying about it.

I'm sure Crash is waiting for you - but not mournfully, just patiently.
Wow. I do know what you mean, and it just now occurred to me that this is the first year that's happened. It's also the first time I can read a post with his name in it and not have tears. I guess I have turned a corner.

I thank God for having known him. And also for taking care of him until I can be with him again. He was such a special, perfect dog.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts