Just Labradors banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im so glad they sent out a paper. I wouldnt have got Bogey back even with the chip! Almost all of my info was wrong!

How scary! So for all of you with chipped pups, check your paperwork!

One call fixed all of it though, so no harm done.

·
Registered
869 Posts
My breeder used Avid to chip Shane's litter and she said I would receive a letter from Avid in a few weeks, well months went by and I didn't really think anything of it because I had my vet scan him to make sure his chip had not migrated and it was in place. So I eventually called Avid to check the info with Shane's number and Avid had the number but no information at all! So I e-mailed my breeder and it turns out Avid had not entered some applications. I did recheck a couple months later and they had the correct info, but how scarey! Check your paperwork, but also call the company to verify your information is linked to the microchip number.

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Shane23 said:
My breeder used Avid to chip Shane's litter and she said I would receive a letter from Avid in a few weeks, well months went by and I didn't really think anything of it because I had my vet scan him to make sure his chip had not migrated and it was in place. So I eventually called Avid to check the info with Shane's number and Avid had the number but no information at all! So I e-mailed my breeder and it turns out Avid had not entered some applications. I did recheck a couple months later and they had the correct info, but how scarey! Check your paperwork, but also call the company to verify your information is linked to the microchip number.
Wow! That is terrible! I am going to call in a few days to check and see if its all fixed.

·
Registered
869 Posts
I still think microchips are an excellent idea, you just have to check up on the company you register with to make sure it was entered.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts