Just Labradors banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
for $8,500!!!!

*woohoo*

Can I just tell you how excited I was to hear this from my attorney this morning????

*jumps for joy*

After the $25,000 award by the Arbitration panel, my insurance carrier appealed, so we were headed for trial. Was scheduled to be on the docket sometime between July 6th & 17th. Just what I wanted, to have be in pins & needles for 2 weeks, waiting for this thing to go to trial. Had no idea how many days it might take, wasted vacation time, etc.

Called my attorney this morning to find out when he might know when we were scheduled to go within that window. He returned my call with the great news.

IT IS DONE, OVER WITH, CLOSE THE BOOK ON IT!!!

:D :D :D :D

Just one final thought: I hope the dirt-bag jack-ass does not have single cent of that settlement left after paying his attorney's bill!

·
Registered
13,130 Posts
Did the insurance company pay or are you stuck with it? I imagine from your excitement that the insurance company is paying. What a PITA!

·
Registered
4,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Did the insurance company pay or are you stuck with it? I imagine from your excitement that the insurance company is paying. What a PITA!
My insurance company will pay or paid (don't know exactly when it was settled). They were basically in control of the whole thing, which was quite fine by me. All I had to do was show up for depo, arbitration, trial and answer questions.

We never disputed my being a fault, I rear-ended the other car. It was the extent of DBJA's injuries that were disputed. He insisted they were from the accident, my insurance company said it was not possible.

·
Registered
11,079 Posts
I am glad to hear that it is water under the bridge. It must be a relief.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts