Just Labradors banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sunjin and I are going to Korea this summer and decided to take 3-4 days to go visit another country since we would be half way around the world. We decided on Australia. So we'll be in Sydney for 3 1/2 days in September. Anyone got any recommendations for what we should see/do with our time?

Jason

·
Registered
621 Posts
Well, I am sure the Aussies can give you great tips! I lived in Sydney for about three years. I highly recommend the zoo - it just beautiful on some of the best property in Sydney! You will want to go to Circular Quay and to Darling Harbour - those are standard places to visit as a tourist. I also recommend taking the ferry to Manly for dinner one evening on the Beach. There is a lovely walk along the beaches in the Eastern Suburbs - but I forgot what it is called. Maybe Sarah can help here. You may want to have a walk around in the downtown area. Chinatown, the Rocks, and the central business district.

Anyway, you really could spend a couple weeks in Sydney and the surrounding area - but this is a start.

·
Registered Users
10,466 Posts
Take a lunch cruise on the harbour. It's fabulous. Also if you're not scared of heights, you can do a bridge climb over the top of the harbour bridge or venture out onto the roof of Centerpoint Tower. If you don't fancy the rooftop, the observation deck has 360 deg views of the city & they also have a revolving restaurant in there. If you go there, make sure you book a window table for maximum views. Same with the harbour cruise.

As MumtoEllie said, Darling Harbour is a good spot. You'll also find the aquarium there. Circular Quay is where you'll find the opera house & is also where all the cruises & ferries depart from. Personally, I wasn't that impressed with Chinatown but everyone's got different tastes.

I'm hoping to get down there later this year to catch up with some friends. Top of my list is the zoo then the bridge climb & the roof of the tower. :D

Sarah's the resident Sydney expert around here. She can tell you a lot more.

·
Registered
6,054 Posts
This request needs to have Luke and Taylor and Penny pics!
I miss Sunjin's pics.

·
Registered
5,336 Posts
Sounds like a great trip. Want me to come to ATL to babysit the pups?:p

·
Registered
3,898 Posts
Sunjin and I are going to Korea this summer and decided to take 3-4 days to go visit another country since we would be half way around the world. We decided on Australia. So we'll be in Sydney for 3 1/2 days in September. Anyone got any recommendations for what we should see/do with our time?

Jason
How is Sunjin and Luke, Taylor and Penny??? We haven't seen or heard from her lately and I for one, miss the pictures!

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
How is Sunjin and Luke, Taylor and Penny??? We haven't seen or heard from her lately and I for one, miss the pictures!
Ditto! I miss her around here. :(

·
Registered
5,915 Posts
sorry i haven't posted any new photos. it's been crazy busy at work.

here is the link to my photo account, so you can see the most recent pics of the pups.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sunjin

also, thanks for all the tips for our upcoming australia trip.
anne, anytime you want to petsit, just let me know. :)

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
I have only ever been to Sydney passing through on an airplane, so no recs here, but HAVE SO MUCH FUN!!! Take lots of pics to share too :)

·
Registered
6,054 Posts
Loved your pics. Especially the one of Penny chomping on Taylors face!

·
Registered
8,376 Posts
Luke
If you give me your address I can send you the local Sydney Guide :) I am sure it'll really help plan your days. And 3.5 days is just such a short space of time to do everything that has been suggested!
September is a wonderful time of year to visit Australia too. Spring with beautiful flowers and smells and weather! If you want a resident local tourist let me know ;)
Cheers, Sarah

·
Registered
21,293 Posts
Luke
If you give me your address I can send you the local Sydney Guide :) I am sure it'll really help plan your days. And 3.5 days is just such a short space of time to do everything that has been suggested!
September is a wonderful time of year to visit Australia too. Spring with beautiful flowers and smells and weather! If you want a resident local tourist let me know ;)
Cheers, Sarah
Luke and Taylor are staying home Sarah ! Just sayin.......:D

·
Registered
5,915 Posts
thanks for the offer, sarah :)
knowing us, we will probably just get there and tour the city without having anything planned out, and these suggestions all sound great.

·
Registered
16,129 Posts
Wait. WHO'S GOING TO TAKE CARE OF THE DOGS?

I can just see it now. Poor Taylor, trying to use a can opener but failing because of her lack of thumbs. Luke just lying there. Penny pressing the "easy" button over and over, hoping that a treat will emerge. But it's not easy, Penny. It's not easy when your parents go to Korea for the summer and leave you to fend for yourself. :(

·
Registered
21,293 Posts
sorry i haven't posted any new photos. it's been crazy busy at work.

here is the link to my photo account, so you can see the most recent pics of the pups.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sunjin

also, thanks for all the tips for our upcoming australia trip.
anne, anytime you want to petsit, just let me know. :)
I didn't look at them all but they put a smile on my face looking at all that animal abuse !

Luke obviously wants a blonde wig BTW :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts