Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
26,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am so freaking mad I could just beat that B*tch that I had to talk to last night!!!!:mad:

Upgraded a phone on our family talk on 4-15 online like I always have. Been a customer for 5 yrs. The keypad button fell off in May and it shuts off sometimes ALL by itself. I called 2 times in May..got a phone number to the AT&T store..(sales). I called that number twice...closed when I called.

So last night I called Customer service(again) to tell them my whole story again...got transferred to the Warranty dept for the phone. Had to tell my story yet again!!!! If anyone ever has had to deal with AT&T knows it takes forever to GET to a person to start with.

Long story short I was on the phone for 2.5 hrs, talked to 5 people and I still got no where. Apparently their phones are only guaranteed 30 days!!!!!! WTH?? I signed a 2yr contract and got a pos phone, that was new...yeah right. So Jessica aka B*tch said well I can't help you the phone is over the 30 days and it's physical damage...NOT DUMB ASS it's a defective pos!!! WE didn't run over the phone, stomp it or pick the buttons off!!!:mad::mad:

·
Registered
10,307 Posts
Do you have any of the paperwork that came with the phone? I am pretty sure there is a one year warranty.

·
Registered
26,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you have any of the paperwork that came with the phone? I am pretty sure there is a one year warranty.
Yes and it says on the bottom 30 days ....I don't recall seeing anything about 30 days ONLINE when we ordered it!! DH called about his phone and someone there told him 1yr!!

So if your phone shoots crap on day 31 you are screwed!!:mad: We have other pos phones and we never had this problem about them sending another one. Since it went from Cingular to AT&T the company SUCKS!!

·
Registered
10,636 Posts
Ask to speak to a supervisor. My daughter just got two brand new phones out of them and her phones were 6 months old. Of course she can talk circles around anyone and leaves you shaking your head saying WTF if you disagree with her! :eek:

·
Registered
26,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ask to speak to a supervisor. My daughter just got two brand new phones out of them and her phones were 6 months old. Of course she can talk circles around anyone and leaves you shaking your head saying WTF if you disagree with her! :eek:
I did ask to talk to a supervisor. Maybe she needs to call them for me!!

DH called them too and they told him that our phone was 4-15-08!! :mad: WTH?? it was 2009!! GAH they are idiots!!

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
If you can go to a store, I usually have better luck doing a face to face conversation.

My daughters phone lived in a snow bank for a month before the snow melted, had the phone for about 6 months, took it in, after a few minutes if haggeling walked out with a new phone.

·
Registered
13,130 Posts
WOW. All phones should have a 1 year warranty. 30 days is ridiculous. We have verizon and got insurance on ours this time because we have touch screen ones.

·
Registered
26,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If you can go to a store, I usually have better luck doing a face to face conversation.

My daughters phone lived in a snow bank for a month before the snow melted, had the phone for about 6 months, took it in, after a few minutes if haggeling walked out with a new phone.
Guess we could try...heck it couldn't tick me off any more.... I HOPE:confused:

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
Wow I'm sorry your having such a bad time with them- we have been with them forever and they have always been great! Always helpful, but then like Hunter said, we usually go into the store! Even when I've called they have bent over backwards to be helpful! I did learn a trick to make it easier to get through to someone on the phone- never push any button other then #, it usually only takes 3 pushes of the # sign and you'll be transferred to a person:D Hope you get things worked out soon!

·
Registered
5,211 Posts
Normally there is a longer warranty than 30 days.

Usually the 30 days means that if you are not happy with the phone you picked out, you have 30 days to return it and get a new model.

I recommend going in to the store, as well. You tend to get better service in person.

·
Registered
601 Posts
I've had problems with them too. I HATE not being able to get a hold of somebody. Usually when I get to that stupid computer that wants you to just say words, I start hollering "OPERATOR" "OPERATOR" "OPERATOR"

That usually gets me somebody pretty quick. :D

Sorry they're trying to screw you over. I hope you get something figured out, keep complaining they'll eventually get tired of hearing it and send you a new one just to make you go away.

·
Registered
26,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I've had problems with them too. I HATE not being able to get a hold of somebody. Usually when I get to that stupid computer that wants you to just say words, I start hollering "OPERATOR" "OPERATOR" "OPERATOR"

That usually gets me somebody pretty quick. :D

Sorry they're trying to screw you over. I hope you get something figured out, keep complaining they'll eventually get tired of hearing it and send you a new one just to make you go away.
When I got transferred back to the original heifer after 1 hour and 20 minutes she said "I can't believe you are being transferred" "I told you there is nothing the warranty dept can do" ARRRGGGHH!!!:mad: I said yes there IS YOU JUST WON'T DO IT!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
10,636 Posts
You don't want to go through the warranty dept. they will just send you a reconditioned phone. They need to replace your phone with a new one.

·
Registered
26,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
You don't want to go through the warranty dept. they will just send you a reconditioned phone. They need to replace your phone with a new one.
Customer service is the one that keeps transferring me to the Warranty dept. and they won't send me a phone AT ALL!

I ordered the phone on the AT&T website and of course no one I called knows anything about that website:rolleyes:

The first time I called the lady wanted the serial number off the back of the phone. I gave it to her. She said where did you get the phone..off Ebay or another site? HELL no I got it from AT&T!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
Customer service is the one that keeps transferring me to the Warranty dept. and they won't send me a phone AT ALL!

I ordered the phone on the AT&T website and of course no one I called knows anything about that website:rolleyes:

The first time I called the lady wanted the serial number off the back of the phone. I gave it to her. She said where did you get the phone..off Ebay or another site? HELL no I got it from AT&T!!!!!!!!!
Can you try going back online and using the customer service or repair section there? They should be able to trace when you purchased the phone and send you a new one. I've done that with Verizon before.

·
Registered
26,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Can you try going back online and using the customer service or repair section there? They should be able to trace when you purchased the phone and send you a new one. I've done that with Verizon before.
I have the paperwork and all the numbers to go with my order. I told them that. I guess the next gal I talked to found that the phone was first used on 4-15. It shipped on 4-13.

·
Registered
26,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
From AT&T fine print

•If you have had your phone for less than 30 days, please visit the following topic: What should I do if I have a problem with my equipment and I have had it less than 30 days?
•If you believe your phone is damaged and you've owned it between 31 and 365 days, you may be eligible for a warranty exchange. Phones with physical or liquid damage are not covered under the warranty and are not eligible for a warranty exchange. In many locations we offer Device Support Centers for same day warranty exchange service on featured devices. Visit the following topic to see if there is one in your area and for more information: Can the Device Support Center replace my phone under the warranty exchange program? Or to take advantage of warranty exchange by mail without even leaving your home, view the topic: How do I replace my phone under the warranty exchange program?
•If your phone is no longer under warranty and you have Wireless Phone Insurance, you should contact Asurion at 1-888-562-8662 to file a claim.
•If your phone is not under warranty and you do not have phone insurance, you may be eligible for an upgrade at a discounted equipment price, or you can take advantage of our no-commitment pricing option. We offer the convenience of upgrading your phone online. Please select the following topic for more information: How do I know if I am eligible for an Upgrade?
•If none of the above applies, please contact Customer Service at 1-800-801-1101 to discuss other options.

·
Registered
26,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I went to the web page where you purchase your phone: This is at the bottom again in fine print and faded looking...not bright black type like the rest of the page.:rolleyes:

Warranty and additional information
New wireless devices carry a one-year warranty from date of purchase. Refurbished devices carry a ninety-day warranty from the date of purchase. To make a warranty claim after the first 30 days from purchase, call 1-800-801-1101.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts