Just Labradors banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have AT&T and suddenly loose all service in an area that you use to have 3-4 bars of signal the day before?

·
Registered
26,306 Posts
It has happened a few times here at work. Not just my phone but everyone else who has AT&T. Not sure what the reason was.

AT&T is getting worse I think.

·
Registered
16,679 Posts
Nope can't say that I have, that sucks though.

The only place I can't get reception (or very good reception) is in the front half of our camper when we're at the beach (lol). I even get reception driving through the harbor tunnel!

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My issue area is at my house.
I live out in the "boonies" so any cell service is pretty spotty.

But when i got my phone back in October I had 1-2 bars of service for the most part at my house.
Then we got hit w/ that ice storm. For 5-6 days I think I lost service completely, not even one bar. When the service came back I had about 3-5 bars WOOHOO!!!
Then suddenly This past Tuesday I return home from work and boom no service!
So I am now going on day 3!
sooooo frustrating!

·
Registered
3,898 Posts
We switched to Sprint/Nextel and am not happy with their service either. I think everyone is getting too big for their own britches.

·
Registered
13,130 Posts
AT&T had terrible coverage where we live. It has improved a lot. We don't have it, we have Verizon and don't have a problem at all.

·
Registered
10,664 Posts
Yep all the time. At&T sux. My personal phone is verizon My work cellular plan is At&T

"Less bars in more places"

·
Registered
13,418 Posts
i have AT&T and have what i call roaming dead spots. it's the sucke when people think i've hung up on them because i suddenly have no service even though i haven't moved or even adjusted my position.

·
Registered
6,054 Posts
i have AT&T and have what i call roaming dead spots. it's the sucke when people think i've hung up on them because i suddenly have no service even though i haven't moved or even adjusted my position.
I have this problem at home. I will turn my head slightly and lose signal. It comes in handy, though when work calls! What, I can't hear you!!! Oops, dropped the call.

·
Registered
3,514 Posts
alltel and at&t are the only two services offered where i live.
ATT is the best by far!
I have 1-2 dead spots I get dropped. Some times when I make it thought dead spot A, I almost never make it through dead spot B. It is very strange. BUt it is the only two places I have bad coverage.
Alltel SUCKS. Does not work at my home. They have a store two doors down from my work and their service does not even work in my store! LOL

·
Registered
11,990 Posts
ATT SUX! I used to have ATT phones - and would lose the friggin signal driving down the West Side Highway in Manhattan - with a river next to me! No possible reason for interference at all. Sprint is not much good either. My company Treo is with Sprint. I was in south west Jersey today and was roaming - ridiculously small service area.

Nobody comes close to the service and reliability of Verizon.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I have ATT - though I had the complete opposite problem as you. I was constantly dropping calls - 1-2 bars if any signal at my house (Live somewhat in the boonies - just in a valley between towers). Then yesterday - poof - I had full signal. Really odd - I'm not complaining though!

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
I think my family are one of the few who have no problem with At&t. Seriously we have no complaints, have had many different phones, currently have the IPhone and love it and my service. DS was in Mich. last year and he actually had better service with AT&T then his buddies with Verizon, so as always, I think its a preference and location issue!

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
I have AT&T and have very few complaints. We have a few dead spots, but to be honest we had the same issues w/ other cell service.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts