1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
That is so very sad. I have always enjoyed his work.

·
Registered
29,548 Posts
Met him a couple of years ago at Potomac and bought way too much of his stuff. Very tragic and what a loss.

·
Registered
4,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I almost went to work for him at one point..... his studio was too far to commute to everyday ..... but DH and I loved visiting the Dog Chapel and seeing all the pictures people sent

·
Registered
6,118 Posts
That is terrible. His poor, poor wife, I cannot imagine what she must be going through.

·
Registered
8,472 Posts
That is so sad -- I've really liked Huneck's work for many years -- a much longer time than I've had Puff.

That was a very beautiful, tender, touching piece his wife wrote.

Rest in peace, Stephen.

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
I too met him at the Potomac ......... how sad. My prayers are going up for his wife and family.

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
I just keeping thinking about where he was at the end that he couldn't, or didn't think it would be worth it, to just get out of the car and go into the doctor's office... and that breaks my heart.

·
Registered
4,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I just keeping thinking about where he was at the end that he couldn't, or didn't think it would be worth it, to just get out of the car and go into the doctor's office... and that breaks my heart.
My thoughts too...... but I guess depression is a strange illness.... nobody can talk any sense into them.... my oldest son's fiance committed suicide 2 years ago...... he said it was like she just had her mind made up and nothing he could say made any difference.... I guess Stephen's wife was in the same boat.....

·
Registered
16,129 Posts
My thoughts too...... but I guess depression is a strange illness.... nobody can talk any sense into them.... my oldest son's fiance committed suicide 2 years ago...... he said it was like she just had her mind made up and nothing he could say made any difference.... I guess Stephen's wife was in the same boat.....
Yeah. I think there is a lot of anger and self-hatred. You truly, deeply believe that it will be better for everyone if you're not around. There was an ER psychiatrist on NPR this morning, and this was one of the issues they talked about--how hard it is to know whether to commit someone when they are talking about suicide. Some people can be talked out of it, some can be talked out of it only temporarily, and some just have their minds made up.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts