Just Labradors banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
26,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Millions of workers can expect to see about $13 extra in their weekly paychecks, starting around June, from a new $400 tax credit to be doled out through the rest of the year. Couples would get up to $800. In 2010, the credit would be about $7.70 a week, if it is spread over the entire year.
Will this be before or after taxes?

·
Registered
8,472 Posts
$$$ to help states' budget shortfalls, to reduce teacher, police, fire dept layoffs, to extend unemployment benefits, to replace old bridges, etc., to build a smarter electric grid, for scientific research into health & computerizing medical records, help with college tuitions; promote sales of new cars, renewable energy, energy efficient appliances, weatherization energy saving upgrades to existing homes; money to cities for projects .... gosh, why couldn't they have included Lab owners so we'd all benefit, too? ;)

·
Registered
6,114 Posts
Once we've serviced this debt to the tune of $3 trillion, I hope it doesn't all end up disappearing down a rathole with no clue as to what happened to it. That depresses me.

On the upside, with no kids to worry about, it won't be my little darlings who will pay it all off for us.

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
Once we've serviced this debt to the tune of $3 trillion, I hope it doesn't all end up disappearing down a rathole with no clue as to what happened to it. That depresses me.

On the upside, with no kids to worry about, it won't be my little darlings who will pay it all off for us.
I really hope my kids decide not to have kids, I would never tell them this, but man what a mess we have left them to clean up. I love hearing Bob Pr.s positive take on this- just not sure its realistic. We have already given the car companies money and they are asking for more! The banks, well where did all that money go- color me skeptical!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.