Just Labradors banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've come to the realization that I'm addicted to dog shows and showing. If I get a premium list in the mail and it's within my area, I HAVE to go to the show, even if I can only do Sunday (Can't do many Saturday's because I work Friday night until 1:00 a.m. and can't get enough sleep to get up at 5:00 a.m. to get on the road).

So, yes, I admit it, I'm addicted to this crazy sport.

Wish I wasn't, because many times I really have to scrimp and save to get the entry fee (and those keep going up up up as well!!!)

·
Registered
3,794 Posts
Well, what do you think I am? LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I even go on-line looking for when judges are posted for shows in South Carolina! :D

·
Registered
8,657 Posts
I would be more addicted if I wasn't married. I know that if I lived alone, by life would become consumed with dog activites. But I have to try to strike a happy medium between work, dogs, home and husband, and it isn't easy because I have limited time, money and energy. I was planning on going to a match tomorrow in Columbus with Emilu, but I had the club meeting Monday (gone from 7am to 10:30 pm), then class last night (gone 7:30 to 10:30) and I've been sick all week with a cold. I just can't make myself get up early to drive 2 hours tomorrow morning and get home in the afternoon, so I'm staying home and will take each of the dogs to the college tomorrow for a littel training away from home (only 5 minutes though :) ) But if I lived alone, I'd probably go to the match and just veg out the rest of the day.

·
Registered
10,307 Posts
I would like to just get to watch a couple shows. I can't find any here in Minneapolis.

·
Registered
3,794 Posts
I would like to just get to watch a couple shows. I can't find any here in Minneapolis.
I can check for you--a friend of mine that trains at my place use to live up that way and I know she still heads that way to shows. You can also check the AKC website under events for your state and they'll list all the shows, where and when.

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
Hi my name is Melissa and I know I have a problem. Not just the shows, but dogs in general.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts