Just Labradors banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My question is this..Dakota's coat being so short, it's hard to part the fur to apply the flea/tick dose..most of it gets on his fur..am I doing something wrong..? We try to keep him still..but..and will it still get down to his skin where he needs it? Is there a trick to applying it?
Jackie Thank you.. :)

·
Registered
6,512 Posts
I have a similar problem with Nellie. I part the hair best I can and put the tip of applicator as close to the skin as I can. I also put the dose in 3-4 spots down her back. Don't worry about the hair looking wet it will work. Nellie has never had fleas. :)

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
nellies mom said:
I have a similar problem with Nellie. I part the hair best I can and put the tip of applicator as close to the skin as I can. I also put the dose in 3-4 spots down her back. Don't worry about the hair looking wet it will work. Nellie has never had fleas. :)
Thank you..now I feel better..I'll try to part the hair a bit more tho. Thanks again...
I also put it in spots down his back..gotta cover all the bases..LOL
Jackie :)

·
Registered
870 Posts
I've had the same problem but am doing as the others have suggested and part the hair as best I can and then put the tip on the skin. I put it in couple spots down their backs. The fur looks "yucky" for a while but I later brush them and the spots go away. We haven't had any fleas (knock on wood) and they are a huge problem in this area. My female hates the flea stuff though and will hide when she sees me get it out - can't figure out why?? It doesn't appear to hurt or sting her, maybe the smell?

G

·
Mooselady said:
I've had the same problem but am doing as the others have suggested and part the hair as best I can and then put the tip on the skin. I put it in couple spots down their backs. The fur looks "yucky" for a while but I later brush them and the spots go away. We haven't had any fleas (knock on wood) and they are a huge problem in this area. My female hates the flea stuff though and will hide when she sees me get it out - can't figure out why?? It doesn't appear to hurt or sting her, maybe the smell?
I'm glad I'm not the only one that has this problem. Billie acts like I'm beating her when I put this stuff on. I can't figure out why.

Also, the directions on Frontline say to apply it in one spot, do you guys still put a couple of spots down their back?

·
Registered
10,345 Posts
BudGirl8 said:
Mooselady said:
I'm glad I'm not the only one that has this problem. Billie acts like I'm beating her when I put this stuff on. I can't figure out why.

Also, the directions on Frontline say to apply it in one spot, do you guys still put a couple of spots down their back?
I have the same problem with Tal but I have gotten better at it over the months and more goes directly on his skin than the fur!

I use Frontline also and put it in several places. I part the hair as best I can and apply it in tow or three different spots. I also apply it when i bring him home from daycare or when he is eating. he doesn't seem to notice it as much. he doesn't seem to like it but he doesn't really fight it.

·
Registered
8,472 Posts
Puff objects to any medical intervention or application (except shots). ;D She squirmed around when I've applied her FrontlinePlus.

But I think she squirms less since I've put the plastic applicator with its liquid in a bowl of warm water for awhile to raise it to Puff's skin temperature before applying.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts