Just Labradors banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night we attempted to put Coopers Advantage Multi on his back. He was so spastic & acted like we were going to torture him. We finally had to corner him in a hallway & while I held him, my husband put the flea med on his back. Any suggestions on how to do this in the future? We tried sit & stay, but as soon as we came at him with the applicator he ran. He usually is a little lover & sits in my lap but for some reason when he saw that container he freaked out. Luckily we have another month before our next application. Hopefully he will calm down a little by then.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
He has control issues. He loves to be held, but only when he wants it.

We tried to do it while he was asleep & as soon as we started to part the hair on his shoulders, he jumped up & ran away.

·
Registered
23 Posts
sammysam21 said:
He has control issues. He loves to be held, but only when he wants it.

We tried to do it while he was asleep & as soon as we started to part the hair on his shoulders, he jumped up & ran away.
Oh I see. in sessions, Try putting him on a leash and while keeping him on one spot, have someone else simulate applying the flea product, use a spoon on his back like it was the flea meds while you are feeding him his favorite treat to desensitize him. Keep doing it until he doesn't struggle at all anymore.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts