Just Labradors banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone here have one? I want to get one. But I have no idea how they work.

If I already have music, on a cd, can I download it to the computer and then to the ipod.
Also, do I have to sign up to one of those song places. Where do you get most of your music?

Thanks!

·
Registered
8,657 Posts
I got an iPod classic for Christmas. You have to have the iTunes "program" on your computer to manage the music, but you can download it from anywhere to iTunes on the computer, and then to your iPod. You can burn CD's to iTunes, or your record albums(with another program), or buy them online from "one of those song places" Some of them (i think one is Limewire) are free, but you have to be really careful of the free ones cuz you can mess your computer up - probably safer to just pay a little money. I got a Walmart music card and an iTunes one as a gift - I must admit, that I actually liked the Walmart one better - I just liked how they organized the music and their selections - I haven't even used all my iTunes one yet. I know people used to say that you could only put music from iTunes on your iPod, but that isn't true - you just have to use the iTunes music manager , which you can download for free.

·
Registered
16,679 Posts
I *heart* my iPod. I never wanted one, and now I can't remember what I did without mine. My favorite is the iPod touch, I also have a nano (won it from a contest at work).

You can put all of your CD's into your iTunes (and you can even select certain songs if you don't want to transfer them all). You can also buy the songs from iTunes or other places online (ie: Amazon.com, walmart.com etc..) I get most of my music from my own CD's, friends or occasionally I buy an iTunes giftcard and buy whatever strikes my fancy.

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
Love mine too. Am addicted to podcasts.

And the ability to jog while listening to music that doesn't skip and hop is a real blessing.

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
I have an iphone, which is an ipod plus phone plus everything else in the entire techological world. I love it. I load my demo videos on it so I am a walking demo all the time, just in case I run into someone who asks about my videography services.

I like the podcasts also. I listen to them while I'm driving a distance and while I'm working out at the gym.

Someone mentioned Limewire. I used to use that to get songs for my videos. But when they changed it about a year ago, it became all but unusable....much more trouble than it was worth. I just use itunes for all my music.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts