Just Labradors banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't usually get stuff like this around here (lol) and do people seriously need a warning that it's going to be cold?! Common sense might tell one to bundle up!

"A WIND CHILL ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 4 AM TO 12 PM EST FRIDAY.

THE COLDEST AIR OF THE SEASON WILL AFFECT THE REGION OVERNIGHT TONIGHT AND FRIDAY. BITTERLY COLD TEMPERATURES COMBINED WITH NORTHWEST WINDS OF 5 TO 15 MPH WITH OCCASIONAL HIGHER GUSTS WILL PRODUCE WIND CHILL VALUES AS LOW AS 5 BELOW ZERO LATE TONIGHT AND FRIDAY MORNING.

A WIND CHILL ADVISORY MEANS THAT VERY COLD AIR AND STRONG WINDS WILL COMBINE TO GENERATE LOW WIND CHILLS. THIS WILL RESULT IN FROST BITE AND LEAD TO HYPOTHERMIA IF PRECAUTIONS ARE NOT TAKEN. IF YOU MUST VENTURE OUTDOORS... MAKE SURE YOU WEAR A HAT AND GLOVES. " (that last part cracks me up)

·
Registered
16,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
kal3idoscope said:
Hat and gloves.. what are those?! :whistle:

It's -12F outside here right now.. and tomorrow we're supposed to have up to 30 mph winds on top of that. BRRRRRRRR.
Gloves=yes. I can't stand having cold hands!!
Hat=no, but I will put my hood up if it's windy. I'm a fan of the 360* ear warmer thingers. They rock.

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
till your ears freeze and then fall off. Then you'll complain because someone didn't warn you, hence the warning that they give. Someone, somewhere didn't have an advisory.

·
Registered
4,824 Posts
AbbyandMolly said:
"A WIND CHILL ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 4 AM TO 12 PM EST FRIDAY.

THE COLDEST AIR OF THE SEASON WILL AFFECT THE REGION OVERNIGHT TONIGHT AND FRIDAY. BITTERLY COLD TEMPERATURES COMBINED WITH NORTHWEST WINDS OF 5 TO 15 MPH WITH OCCASIONAL HIGHER GUSTS WILL PRODUCE WIND CHILL VALUES AS LOW AS 5 BELOW ZERO LATE TONIGHT AND FRIDAY MORNING.

A WIND CHILL ADVISORY MEANS THAT VERY COLD AIR AND STRONG WINDS WILL COMBINE TO GENERATE LOW WIND CHILLS. THIS WILL RESULT IN FROST BITE AND LEAD TO HYPOTHERMIA IF PRECAUTIONS ARE NOT TAKEN. IF YOU MUST VENTURE OUTDOORS... MAKE SURE YOU WEAR A HAT AND GLOVES. " (that last part cracks me up)
:whatever: :whatever: :whatever: :whatever: :whatever: :whatever:

Like Wendy said, they have to say it or some moron will go out without being properly dressed & try to sue someone cause they got hypothermia. I liken it to the warnings on:

- McDonald's (or any fast-food restaurant) coffee cups... "Contents may be hot. Please handle with caution." That is all because someone years ago, set a cup of hot coffee between their legs in their car & then sued McDonald's because they got burnt when the coffee spilled all over their lap.

- Frozen dinners... "Heat before serving." I, for one, don't know too many people who'd be inclined to eat a frozen entree without heating it up first.

All pretty much common sense things, but if they don't say it, some idiot will get hurt & try to sue because "I wasn't warned!"

·
Registered
331 Posts
IF YOU MUST VENTURE OUTDOORS... MAKE SURE YOU WEAR A HAT AND GLOVES. "
But, they didn't warn you to wear pants, sweaters, or long underwear. I mean, what are they going to do when someone goes out wearing nothing but a hat and gloves, thinking that will be sufficient to protect them? What of people who might loose there nipples to frost bite? They should give out stronger warnings....

·
Registered
16,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wendy said:
till your ears freeze and then fall off. Then you'll complain because someone didn't warn you, hence the warning that they give. Someone, somewhere didn't have an advisory.
You make an excellent point ;)

It still cracks me up though!! I have to go out and get gas today on my way to the bank...I've already got my scarf out and of course my gloves and my 360's (I love those things!!!)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts