Just Labradors banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7,955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Peyton Manning hosted Saturday Night Live this past Saturday. I thought he was hilarious. They really goofed on his squeaky clean image.

The comments in the local paper this week have been a mixture of positive and negative. More negative than I'd expect. "He CURSED!" (He said 'ass' and then there were bleeped words where he could have just been saying 'pickles' for all I know.) "I didn't appreciate him hitting kids with footballs."

Come on, people!! It's funny!!

It's funny precisely BECAUSE Peyton wouldn't bean kids with footballs.

If Ron Artest was on there saying ass and pelting kids with basketballs it wouldn't be funny.

Peyton... funny.

·
Registered
10,664 Posts
Hey, I think it's funny! People need to lighten up fer crissakes! I don't want to live in a politcally correct world,no fun in that.

G

·
My SU who's a huge football fan was suprised and a little dissapointed that Peyton was cursing but we both thought it was hilarious anyway.

·
Registered
6,114 Posts
I happily admit to a major crush on Peyton but I thought it was hysterical. I thought the monologue was great and I've watched the United Way commercial a dozen times and I'm still laughing. Even my husband, who wouldn't let me name our youngest lab Peyton, was laughing.

If saying 'ass' is cursing then I guessed he cursed but the rest of it is your own imagination at work. The shows on at 11:00 for a reason and if people are going to have a problem with the word 'ass' then they probably shouldn't be watching SNL anyway. Personally, I loved the way they played on his 'butter wouldn't melt in his mouth' image.

G

·
Isn't this the 3rd thread about PM and SNL, started by the same member? ???

search . . . search . . . hmm, I guess it is. ;D

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
MTI said:

Isn't this the umpteenth thread that you been an ass?

·
Registered
7,955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
MTI said:

I posted when I first heard he was going to be on.

I posted to see what people thought of it.

Now I've posted to complain about my fellow Hoosiers.

I'm so sorry - I'll make sure I contain all my original thoughts on a subject to the same thread from now on.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts