Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
16,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They just got themselves 2 (yes 2) German Shepherd puppies! 1 male and 1 female.
:eek:

They are going to have their hands full!!

·
Registered
4,486 Posts
oh lord...i quit watching when they ousted the aunt....

wonder if they know GSD's shed worse than labs; can't wait to see kate and all the dog hair.

·
Registered
16,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Haha she's having fits saying that she hopes they don't shed too much. I want to shake her and ask her if she is insane!

The man who bred them donated the money that he made from the litter to a cancer patient who needed medical bills paid. I thought that was kind of cool.

·
Registered
14,287 Posts
I have watched this show from the get-go. I have sort of fallen out of love with them (not the kids, they are adorable, but the parents). Kate is a type-A neat/clean freak. She's worse than me. She took her kids to decorate cupcakes and wouldn't let them eat them at the shop when they were done because they didn't have playclothes on and she didn't want to have to deal with stains. (even I am not that bad) This woman now has 2, massively shedding, large breed PUPPIES? She freaks out if anyone walks on her floor with shoes on (I am with her there). How will she handle puppy fur, accidents, muddy paw prints, NIPPING, explosive diarrhea? Answer? She won't. These pups won't last. I give them a very generous 3 months max.

Another beef I have with them is that their kids live in a fishbowl for money. Neither of them work anymore. I enjoyed watching when it was the hour long specials, and even when the show began, Kate was at home and Jon worked, and we got to see the real meat & potatoes of a couple who were not wealthy, raising two sets of multiples, budgeting for food, shopping the sales, saving for renovations, and dealing with DAILY LIFE. Those "day in the life" early episodes were my favourite. Now, they are paid so much from TLC that Jon doesn't work anymore. Their "job" is letting TLC fly them all over the country, and world (Hawaii for a second wedding) and do family activities. Like getting ski outfits donated & gear & flown for free to the mountains in Colorado for a resort ski trip, or an all expenses paid Disney trip. Now, they have their 1.3 million dollar spread on a few acres (and furnished for free by Lane) ...also courtesy of TLC. All for letting the camera crew in every day. I liked it when it was "see this family, look how the make it work". not "see this family, we are giving them unlimited free stuff and money, let's watch them do stuff". It's not real anymore. Not fun. I do not begrudge those kids one outing or thing they have been givien. Had their parents had to rely on Jon's salary, Lord knows those kids wouldn't get anywhere (hell, WE don't really get anywhere too often, and I only have 2). But at what cost? They are making the big bucks now, which can only mean these kids are contractually obliged to be on camera for how many more years? It started out as a few episodes, now they are contracted into 3-4 days per week or camera crews in their little faces. When will the novelty wear off? What happens when they aren't cute preschoolers anymore. the only reality these kids have known since birth is a house full of crew taping them...what happens when that goes away? How will this affect them? How is it affecting them now?

I predict many episodes of Kate freaking the hell out because the puppies pooped on her floor, or nipped the kids. 2 BIG DOGS??? Kate Gosselin? I can't imagine her with one animal... and 8 kids. I'm sure TLC will hire trainers, how in the world would Kate & Jon have time to train the 2 in obedience? Amd what happens to the dogs when they fly off on one of their many speaking engagements, church presentations, book signings, or all expenses paid family getaways? Aunt Jodi sure won't want them, nor with "Beth & Bob". They travel a lot now.

It's sure to be a clusterfuck of epic proportions. I for one, will be tuning in to see it unfold.

·
Registered
13,489 Posts
I agree with everything you said eastcoastmom, but I just like to watch the little kids. They are so cute. Kate is a ***** sometimes, I think. I forgot to watch last night. I'll have to remember to tune in to see the puppies grow up. Hopefully, they're not in a pen in the backyard.

·
Registered
14,287 Posts
Taken from another website

As such all I am feeling now that Jeff the “breeder” should be shot.

Jeff, you are a freaking MORON and any breeder licenses that you hold should be revoked if they have not already.

NO reputable breeder would sell to this family - a family that does not know CRAP about animals let alone the breed. A family with 2 kids under the age of 8 and 6 under 5.

NO REPUTABLE BREEDER WOULD

NOT ONE.

I certainly cannot wait to find out your full name, and trust me, with all of the bloggers that Musings has, it should not take us long. The internet is a wonderful thing.

If anyone cares to write a recap, feel free, but I am not.

I am LIVID.

And the proceeds of that litter went to Cancer Research?

BULLSHIT.

They are despicable, the lot of them.

Feel free to post your feelings about this……….I am not sure WHAT to call it, except wrong.

Very wrong.
I have to agree with the bolded portion. What was this breeder thinking? Especially with the ages of the kids?
Maybe he thought he's increase his waiting list because people would want "the same dogs as J&K+8"?

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
I figured within months they'd be "outside dogs" and she wouldn't have to deal with them.

Did she say one single positive comment the entire time? They're going back if.. <twelve rules here>

She said the entire chair interview she doesn't want pets.. she'll always be thinking back to a time when she didn't have pets...

um.. hello?

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
We still watch, but Kate IS too much. And Jon lets her walk all over him. Wonder how long this marriage will remain strong, with her carping 24/7 and him being Mr Doormat?

The Little kids are cute. Cara and Maddie are dyed-in-the-wool brats, though, who grate on my nerves constantly.

·
Registered
9,226 Posts
if I stop on the show, and Kate is talking, all I hear is blah, blah, blah,blah. blah, I, I, me, me, me, blah, blah.........

my eyes glaze over and I go deaf. It appears her husband has the same reaction.

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
if I stop on the show, and Kate is talking, all I hear is blah, blah, blah,blah. blah, I, I, me, me, me, blah, blah.........

All I hear is "Jon you don't help enough. Jon you did this wrong. Jon that's not what happened. Jon you dress badly. Jon you're too fat/bald/have bad breath. JON HELP ME HERE! Jon you have bad taste in tile selections/lunch selections/paint selections/clothing selections. Jon don't interrupt me. Jon dress the kids. Jon get out of my kitchen. Jon go play with the kids. Jon, you were a moron while I was away in NYC promoting my book...."

·
Registered
13,489 Posts
You know what else got on my nerves? When they went to show the kids the new house, she told them all that this was the only time they were allowed in mommy and daddy's bedroom. They are never to set foot in their bedroom. WTF? My little 4 year old has a nightmare or is sick or just wants to help me fold the laundry, they are never allowed in there? That's just mean. I know parents need their alone time, but come on.

·
Registered
10,636 Posts
I can't take it anymore. Kate is a rip roaring *****. The little kids are cute but the twins need to be crated for a while to learn some manners.

·
Registered
4,486 Posts

Same here. I had all I could take of Kate. It made my BP go up to watch how she treated him.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts