Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
11,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
to the Congress last night? I think he is such a great speaker. I was so tired watching everyone get up and down and up and down. Could someone tell Ginsburg she can sit through these things? She looks so frail. And was Pelosi wearing a zip-up sweater? She couldn't dress a little more formal for this?

I think Obama is so inspiring. He really makes you stop and think about being part of the bigger picture.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
I missed it, darn it! I'm gonna watch it on Youtube or somewhere today!

·
Registered
5,211 Posts
I thought he did a good job.

But we were cracking up at Biden and Pelsoi. She kept slamming her hands together when she was clapping. And there were a couple times where she didn't know if she was going to stand or not. I think she should have just stood the entire time. It got highly annoying that they kept standing, sitting, standing, sitting. It was worse than Mass.

·
Registered
2,697 Posts
The best thing was not having Darth Cheney lurking in the background.

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
It was worse than Mass.
LOL!
My Mom was so upset about Pelosi's outfit - "It looks like she's wearing a track suit!" I have an exam tomorrow morning, hopefully it will be up on you tube by then :)

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
i was inspired. as a teacher, i love when he talks about education finally getting some funding, the bigwigs finally being taxed more, the middle class getting tax relief, and cutting programs that aren't working in the government. now, if we just make sure we see that happen. DH thinks he's full of talk.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
I bet Regina was impressed! :D

·
Registered
5,727 Posts
Same old politics.....just from a different side.

It's amazing how smart and inspiring someone is when they are saying what you want to hear. LOL

He is an excellent speaker.......for whatever that will get us.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Same old politics.....just from a different side.

It's amazing how smart and inspiring someone is when they are saying what you want to hear. LOL

He is an excellent speaker.......for whatever that will get us.
Couldn't agree more, many people think this way, so don't think you're alone LOL

·
Registered
2,697 Posts
Couldn't agree more, many people think this way, so don't think you're alone LOL

So at least we are a little ahead of where we were. For the last 8 years we had the same old speech delivered by someone with less than impressive speaking abilities.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
I did see a couple of clips on the news this morning. At the very least, he gave us HOPE! Hope that we won't dismally fail. Hope that we will come out of this a stronger United States.

I couldn't help but notice McCain's bitter mush. LOL

·
Registered
4,802 Posts
if somesone sees it posted on youtube, will you post the link here? thanks.

·
Registered
5,727 Posts
I definitely don't miss the Cheney smirk.

Obama is certainly a very good orator (especially compared to his predecessor).
Yeah I like Biden........."There is a 30% chance that everything we are doing will fail"

"What's the number of that website again? You know the one I am giving this speech about."

He's a smart one. :)

·
Registered
8,472 Posts
Recently it occurred to me that the very best thing about Bush is that he made it possible for a person like Obama -- half African, half caucasian, and with "Hussein" as a middle name, gifted orator, very intelligent and genial -- to get elected in the USA.

If we weren't in such a monumental, drastic recession, mired in 2 wars, each longer than any in our history, the American electorate might not have been so willing to take this leap of faith and climb into a lifeboat that a person of color is steering.

And out of this, we will eventually emerge stronger, better, and with better relationships all around the world.

1 - 20 of 99 Posts