Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
11,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hubby and I recently got hooked. Mike Rowe is soooo funny! And hawt!

Though...I can guess why he's not married...he's gotta be toxic at this point! His kids will have 3 heads and 17 toes.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
I love Mike Rowe. I know at one point he had a long-term girlfriend. I don't know if he still does or not.

He used to sing opera.

·
Registered
11,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What's your favorite dirty job? I think the best one I've seen is when the whole crew goes out on the fishing boat and learns how much work it is for those fishermen. And they all got seasick.

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
For reasons that are no surprise to anyone who knows me, my favorite episode is where he cleans the pipe organ at St. Charles Seminary in Overbrook, PA. An instrument I am familiar with, having played it myself.

·
Registered
5,211 Posts
We love that show here! It's one that the entire family enjoys.

We loved the Mackinaw Island show. Because we were there a few weeks after he had been there. :)

·
Registered
3,915 Posts
I used to, but I haven't lately. I like his sense of humor, especially the one-liners and quips he busts out.

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
Our 15 y.o. babysits for a 4 y.o. boy who ADORES this show. He makes her watch the DVDs.

And he always gives the full title when referring to it.

So it's not "Hey, Amanda! Let's watch Dirty Jobs!"

It's "Hey, Amanda! Let's watch Dirty Jobs with Mike Rowe!"

And he smooshes it all up into one word; DirtyJobswithMikeRowe!

·
Registered
11,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
We watched this one the other night with the WORST exterminators ever. They smurfed everything up. Mike's face was priceless...he just kept looking at the camera with a poker face, but you could see in his eyes..."Can you believe these idiots?"

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
I honestly don't know what my favorite one is. There are just too many. I watched one last weekend, I think, where they hauled redwoods out of a forest with mules. That one was pretty entertaining. The one with the tiny little blonde woman where they have to catch snakes and they keep biting him is good too.

For quips, the one that always sticks in my head is when a guy was talking about doing something on a 'micro level' and Mike's head poppped up and he said "That's me! Mike Rowe!"

·
Registered
6,114 Posts
Love the show. When I told my husband I was adding him to my list of guys I can cheat with, his response was "Fine, put the single opera singer who lives in San Francisco on your cheat list; maybe I'll add Ellen Degeneres to my list."

Still love Mike and the show, but it does throw his place on the list into doubt.

The one with the snake catching was my absolute favorite. He's getting the crap bit out of him and she's just laughing.

·
Registered
26,306 Posts
A question to Mike:

Q: What was it about the bat cave that made it worse than, say, the mare motel?

While the mare motel was memorable in every way, Bracken Cave was simply unforgettable. Remember, TV can only convey sight and sound. It's hard to assess things like touch and smell in a two-dimensional medium.

How, for instance, can one describe the "feel" of a bat as it settles on the nape of your neck, its velvety wings brushing your ear and the side of your face? Or the sensation of flesh-eating beetles falling over the tops of your boots and burrowing into your socks and chewing into your skin? How, on television, can I show you the indescribable smell of toxic ammonia, as it billows from tons of sticky bat poo that clings to your feet as you stumble forward in suffocating blackness? Or the creepy stench of the ill-fitting rubber gas mask that you pray will not slip from your sweaty face?

Don't get me wrong. Holding on to an artificial vagina as a 1,400-pound horse lifts you skyward is not a vacation. But Bracken Cave wins, running away.
YIKES :)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts