Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered Users
10,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You can have mine. :rolleyes:

I shut the front door behind me to go to work. reached into my pocket for the car keys & yep they were inside the house that I had just locked. :mad: No problem I thought. I've got 2 neighbours (who I trust implicitly) that have the keys to my house. I'll just borrow theirs & get back in. Went to first house. Both of them were at work. Went to the 2nd house & no one home either. That only left me with 1 other option - the dog door. Only problem is my house is enclosed with a 6' fence. Luckily I lent my ladder to next door last week & they still had it in their back yard. Went next door & used the ladder to climb over the fence into my yard. Crawled in through the dog door (I'm getting too old for this crap) expecting to be met by 2 hysterical dogs ready to kill the burglar that was breaking into their house & NOTHING. When I got inside, I went looking for the dogs & where do you think I found them? ...........

Asleep on their couch of course! The useless idiots didn't even hear me getting in. It wasn't until I picked up the keys that they both pricked their ears up & looked at me sleepily as if to say WTH are you doing back so soon?

Seriously, sometimes I wonder what I pay them for. Obviously guarding their house isn't in their job description. :D

·
Registered
12,573 Posts
:D

Hmmm...you getting forgetful in yer old age mate?! :D

http://justlabradors.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10420

I had to go out & do some shopping earlier tonight. As usual, the dogs came along for the ride. Got the dogs out on the patio, locked & shut the front door behind me, went to unlock the car and ............. yep locked the keys in the house.

Both neighbours that have keys to my house weren't home so that only meant 2 things: break a window or crawl in through the dog door. Breaking windows wasn't an option so that only left plan B. Only problem is the back yard is enclosed with 1.8m (6') fencing & of course the gate is padlocked from the inside. Fortunately, I left the ladder against the fence so went next door, climbed over the fence & down the ladder. Good job I got the biggest dog door I could find for Jo when he was alive & I can get through it in times like this. Crawled through the dog door, got the keys & the dogs were looking out toward the street trying to figure out where I went. Opened the front door & the look on both their faces was a classic, WTH did you come from?

Moral to the story? Always make sure you have the keys in your hand BEFORE you lock the door behind you!

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
That was really funny!

Tucker is no better...my b/f comes home long sometimes long after we are asleep and he will open the garage door, walk into the house, putter around downstairs for a few, come upstairs, open the bedroom door to find Tucker SNORING in his cage (with the door open)...it isn't until he laughs out loud and says "impressive guard dog" that Tucker will even stop snoring and open his eyes! (I defend Tucker and say "he must have known it was you")

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
After getting locked out of the house several times by toddlers, we switched over to keyless entry. One of the best inventions ever! :)

We got Rex, our Rottie pup, to be a family guard dog. Jason is leaving today for two months, and he'll be going out for a year this fall. He's 7 months old, and he is the biggest baby in the world. He may prove me wrong if a situation arises because he adores us (I hope he never has a chance to prove it), but I have a feeling he'd just lick whoever walked in! lol

·
Registered
10,307 Posts
HK has not been put to a real test yet, but she certainly announces anyone coming into the house, or having thenerve to drive a car into our driveway. Attack! Protect! Not likely. More like, Hey, somebody is coming to play! Yippee!

Back on topic. You have Labs to serve as guarddogs? I think you need to read up on their background and behavior.

·
Registered Users
10,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Back on topic. You have Labs to serve as guarddogs? I think you need to read up on their background and behavior.
Not any more. :( We're talking about a Pug & GSD (Same 2 as in my avatar pic). So much for Shepherds being the savage dogs they're made out to be. NOT! :D

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
HA HA!!! :D

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
I'll take those two abused pup's off your hands!:p Don't you think they know the difference between you and someone they don't know. Last summer I locked myself out of the house, went to where we hide the key and it seems DH had used it himself and hadn't replaced it:rolleyes: So luckily I had left our window open a bit so I got a ladder, took out the screen and crawled in, not nary a peep out of Sammi. However if anyone that doesnt belong comes anywhere near the house she is a barking machine. Maybe your two are the same, well at least I'm trying to give them the benefit of the doubt:D:D Save there jobs and all!!

·
Registered
10,664 Posts
Considering I never had "guard" dogs I at least hoped for "alarm" dogs. So far I can be assured that none of my furniture that they sleep on will float away.

·
Registered
21,293 Posts
I am so so sorry Garth !

Dementure at your young age !

Forgot the keys ( twice ) and then forget that you told us about it !

Most likely the dogs have given up on you !

I can just hear the conversation !

Pug " What's Dad doing ?
GSD "Crawling through the dog door cos he's forgotten the keys again "
Pug "Oh ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz"

·
Registered
10,664 Posts
I am so so sorry Garth !

Dementure at your young age !

Forgot the keys ( twice ) and then forget that you told us about it !

Most likely the dogs have given up on you !

I can just hear the conversation !

Pug " What's Dad doing ?
GSD "Crawling through the dog door cos he's forgotten the keys again "
Pug "Oh ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz"
Yep. I bet that was the conversation.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts