Just Labradors banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
watching my friend dog this week. not sure if it because she is not use to being here but I have never heard a dog whine so much and she paces at night (not good as we have lammiate floors) I am sleep deprieved and on the end of my ropes LOL. anyone want 3 dogs for a few hours.

·
Registered
9,226 Posts
it is hard sometimes isn't it caring for a friend or family member's dog?
It is hard for them to settle especially if they aren't crate trained.
My friend's dog Chief paces all night and pokes Jim with his wet snout at night..but by the second or third day he starts to get used to the schedule.
Same with my sister's dog Ruby..she whines and cries for a few hours because she misses my sister and BIL, but then she settles in quite nicely...except at night she gets into the toybox and has a little party in the living room in the middle of the night..I can hear her collar jangling and her galloping from one end of the house the the other...silly girl...so I always remove her collar when she is inside..it makes me crazy...
but all in all it is so much fun to have company doggy friends. :)
hang in there Rosanne!

·
Registered
8,752 Posts
I can sympathize!! Hang in there Rosanne!! (Wanna send Bailey and Buddy here for a mini-vacation?? ;))

·
Registered
7,129 Posts
I'll take your 3 but you have to take my 4 in exchange...;)

·
Registered
9,503 Posts
I don't envy you at all... we are petsitting for my BIL and SIL's wild lab mix for 2 weeks in July and I'm NOT looking forward to it.

He plays all night long...I can hear him throwing himself around and dragging every toy we own out of the box. He also knows how to

open the refrigerator so you have to remember to put a chair in front of it before you go to bed ::)

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
I totally sympathize with you! I watched one of my girlfriend's dog for a week. Very, very skittish, and snarky with my dog. I would call her to the door for potty time and I would reach down to hook her collar to the chain and she would run away. It was a long week.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
G'day,

Sure, send them down here, I'll look after them for a while, so long as you finish my assignment for me :p

Cheers,

Pottsie

1 - 9 of 9 Posts