Just Labradors banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I was at the vet today picking up Cinder's medicine I asked about forbid for Ralphie's poop eating issue. It would come to $12 a day for our family of three dogs. 1/4 package twice a day for each of the little dogs and 1/2 a package twice a day for Cinder at six dollars a package. Yowzaa! They said to try Adolf's meat tenderizer sprinkled on the poop in the yard.

Sooooo.....has anyone else tried this? Did it work? It seems like a pain to follow everyone around and to sprinkle their poop but I'm assuming (okay, hoping) that it would be short term, until Ralphie decided the poop tasted bad and then always left it alone. Funny that I'm trying to figure out how to make poop taste bad, huh? I thought that was a given, but nooooo.

Also, for those of you that have used pineapple juice in the food, how much each time and did it give them the runs?

Thanks!

·
Registered
7,352 Posts
I never tried that but did put cayenne pepper on the dirt Cinnamon dug up in her hole phase it kept her from digging so if that doesn't work try cayenne.

W

·
0 Posts
You sprinkle the meat tenderizer on the FOOD same as the Forbid and that will make the poop bitter.

·
Registered
12,586 Posts
I just had to say, this post gets my vote for BEST POST TITLE 2007! :D

I can just imagine someone wandering in here for the first time and reading that... :D

Oh, and we tried the meat tenderizer and it didn't work. :-\

·
Registered
9,226 Posts
I used to petsit for a French bulldog that was a poop eater..ate the other family dog's poop in the house..I would spoon meat tenderizer on all the dog's food as part of taking care of the dogs..according to the dog owners it worked.
Cricket is a nasty horrible poop eater...LOVES to eat Lucy poop..fresh, semi fresh..old frozen..doesn't matter... I haven't tried the tenderizer. I just have to pick up right when Lucy goes or Cricket will eat it..it is horrible. Forces us to be super diligent.

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
I'm really confused.

If you're going to run around your yard sprinkling poop with Adolphs (just a ZEST of flavor!) why not, as you're stooping over it making little snow, PICK THE DAMNED POOP UP IN A BAG AND GET RID OF IT?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

·
Registered
16,472 Posts
dweck said:
I'm really confused.

If you're going to run around your yard sprinkling poop with Adolphs (just a ZEST of flavor!) why not, as you're stooping over it making little snow, PICK THE DAMNED POOP UP IN A BAG AND GET RID OF IT?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
LOL

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
dweck said:
Yep, I feel the same way. Pick up the poop and supervise your dogs outside. Very simple solution ;)

·
Registered
3,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I would like for him not to eat poop. Doesn't seem like a weird desire to me.

I'm not always there when they poop, as much as I'd like to be (? :-\).

He's getting better at leave it and wait, and I try to keep the poop picked up, but sometimes he poops, spins and eats it before it settles.

Call me crazy but I'd like to go at this from all angles.

·
Registered
810 Posts
Who has the job in the lab that has to product test and find out if it really taste bad or not……do they compare it to treated poop and untreated poop? :p

·
Registered
143 Posts
AngusFangus said:

I can just imagine someone wandering in here for the first time and reading that... :D

That's hilarious! It really caught my attention too!

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
For what it's worth - have you thought of just changing dog foods? I really don't know if that would do anything to help, but I wonder.
I had a dog before that woulde eat my cat's poop, and I learned it was because her food has a high concentration of protein - which dog's love. And of course, the proteins ended up in her poop.

Rocket doesn't eat poop, but then again, I'm not so sure he's fond of his dog food either. I don't know if that's because he doesn't like it and eats it (finally) because that's all he's getting in his bowl and he finally gets hungry enough -- or, if he's just holding out for the treats and occasional scraps (yeah, I'm guilty).

I feed him Natural Choice Lamb and Rice. And as long as he eats it at all, that's what I'll feed him.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
AngusFangus said:

Yeah, I have to admit this reminds me of the "I Love Lucy" episode when she takes her first plane trip and the stewardess offers her gum "for her ears". So Lucy proceeds to shove the pieces of gum into her ears, not realizing she's supposed to chew them.

...... ;D

·
Registered
6,676 Posts
I keep reading the **** title and cracking up.

Anyone try Adolf's meat tenderizer on poop?
Yes, I am a 6 year old.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts