Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
29,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw part of it on GMA this morning. He seems to realize he doesn't have a whole lot of time since he stated that he's still smoking and if he had any indication he was going to live longer than five minutes, he'd quit.

·
Registered
7,901 Posts
I don't think I can watch it. I just attended a wake on Sunday for another 56 year old man who died from pancreatic cancer. Too real, you know?

·
Registered
29,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I understand Denise. I don't think Patrick has a whole lot of time left either. I thought in the pictures of him it was obvious the cancer was eating him up. He looks shrunken and fragile. :(

·
Registered
9,226 Posts
don't think so. Jim lost a coworker last year to it and my friend/framer just told me Monday one of her dearest friends found out she has pancreatic cancer. I can't bear to watch.

·
Registered
9,781 Posts
Not a very good survival rate with pancreatic cancer.. my cousin died from it.. as soon as i heard what he had i was pretty sure that was it.. he's done well though.. released a movie and still seems to be in decent shape.. it can kill very quickly, i think my cousin passed within 3 months of a diagnosis

·
Registered
7,129 Posts
We have a family friend that just recently died of pancreatic cancer....he died 18 days after his diagnosis. Scary. Another family friend recently died of it as well, but he lingered for more than a year after being diagnosed. Both of these guys were non-smokers.

·
Registered
3,026 Posts
I watched it. It hits very close to home for me in more ways than one.
I bawled my eyes out the entire time. No joke.
It makes me upset that he's still smoking, but I have so much respect for him for not holing his life away just because he's sick.
He's always been one of my favorite actors, and this is so incredibly sad. I just love him.

·
Registered
9,781 Posts
Wasn't it good? His poor wife =(

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
I watched it. I admire their strength and courage during this difficult time.

I have mixed emotions about the smoking. I remember when my mother in law was in a nursing home back in the 70's. I used to take her a beer and a cigarette. I would wheel her outdoors into the garden and ask her if she wanted a smoke and then I would show her the beer in my purse. To this day, I can remember the smile on her face and the joy that drag on the cigarette brought her along witht the sip of beer. I would do it all over again.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts