Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
3,479 Posts
Right now I am not sure any auto company is going to still be in business next year.

I just bought a 2008 Chevy Impala last week. I figure even if GM files for bankruptcy or sells off some of its brands that Chevy will be around as it is the most profitable of the ones they own.

I have heard good things about the Equinox.

·
Registered
10,258 Posts
I looked at one but didn't like it because the seats did not fold down flat, making it useless for me to haul my dogs/crates in.

I got the Trailblazer instead.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for your feedback I am trying to put faith in GM have always owned GM and this model is made in Canada. Since I live in the Durham Region which is part of Oshawa I would like to support the North American Market plus I just can't say no to the price This would be the vehicle which takes us to the cottage every weekend I thought it had the room to accomadate the two dogs and all the stuff that comes with it the model we looked at the seat folder down flat.

·
Registered
4,824 Posts
Liz,

I own a 2007 Equinox. I love it, plent of room, easy to drive, not too bad on gas, I get only slightly less than my previous car, a Chevy Monte Carlo.

Like 3 TailsWaggin said, the rear seats do not fold totally flat, so putting crates in the back would prove difficult. In my case it is not a problem as I do not travel long distances with Lexi where she'd be in a crate.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Liz,

I own a 2007 Equinox. I love it, plent of room, easy to drive, not too bad on gas, I get only slightly less than my previous car, a Chevy Monte Carlo.

Like 3 TailsWaggin said, the rear seats do not fold totally flat, so putting crates in the back would prove difficult. In my case it is not a problem as I do not travel long distances with Lexi where she'd be in a crate.
Thanks thats good to hear. When we were looking at the storage area it looked like the seat folded flat but I could be wrong Thank for confirming that It shouldn't be a problem as the dogs don't travel in crates

·
Registered
12,170 Posts
Are you sure all of GM's parts are manufactured in North America? FYI, the engine is made in China and the transmission is made in Japan.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Are you sure all of GM's parts are manufactured in North America? FYI, the engine is made in China and the transmission is made in Japan.
Maybe so but a lot of the parts are still made in North America
Just check out Magna Corp website as well as Lear Corporation Ontario has lost a ton of jobs I am happy that we at least have the assembly jobs here in Ontario but I still feel compelled to support a market that will employ my neighbours.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
At least with GM, the corporate profits (if there are any profits left at all after meeting the UAW legacy obligations) stay in North America.

·
Registered
4,824 Posts
Thanks thats good to hear. When we were looking at the storage area it looked like the seat folded flat but I could be wrong Thank for confirming that It shouldn't be a problem as the dogs don't travel in crates
When it comes to the roomy factor, I can tell you it definitely is. A fellow JLer, Susan (ak WeHeartLabs), her son, her daughter, two (2) 60+lb labs {my Lexi & their Aidan} & all our chairs, etc. fit in my Equinox for a trip to a near-by dog show. Granted it I would not done several hours on the road like that, but we all fit with a bit of room to spare.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I have an 2006 equinox. Love it. My back seats fold down flat. The only problem I have had is the battery died. It would have been replaced free, because they have a problem with them, if we were near a dealer. To get the $ I had to take the old battery to a dealer to have it checked. Since I replaced it on a Sunday, I didn't know about the problem and didn't keep the battery. GM sent me a voucher for $200 to be used for a repair not covered by warranty.

Previously I have had Blazers. I like the handling of the equinox much better.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Maybe so but a lot of the parts are still made in North America
Just check out Magna Corp website as well as Lear Corporation Ontario has lost a ton of jobs I am happy that we at least have the assembly jobs here in Ontario but I still feel compelled to support a market that will employ my neighbours.
I totally agree with you Halle :) Buy American, I'll tell you, I have an Equinox and LOVE it, SU and I are looking into getting another one actually we love it that much!!! :D

1 - 20 of 40 Posts