Just Labradors banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
11,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Friday night my friend Amanda and I had the pups over at her place to play and ordered a pizza. We were out on the balcony and all of a sudden we heard this weird noise. I looked to the road and saw something in between the trees that was running fast. It sounded at first like a dog running and it's nails scratching on the ground. It got through the trees to where I could see it and yep, there was definitely an ostrich running down the road through the apartment complex!! :confused:

It kept running and then turned down another street and Amanda and I saw it once again running down the next road.

We just about died laughing.. How random to have a stray ostrich running down the street?! I thought I was going crazy until Amanda saw it, too! :crazy:

There is a bird farm a few miles down the road, so we think it escaped or something. :suspicious:

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Yes, they are mean!! We have a drive through animal ranch here and they won't let you get through the route...they are so pushy and demanding for food! You're supposed to hold the bucket out of the window for them but they will stick their heads into the car!

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Awwwww poor thing. Can you call the bird farm and tell them what they saw? I'm sure they're looking for him. :( They're not all mean, by the way...

·
Registered
13,524 Posts
Too funny! It was probably scared to death, which would have made it even meaner (good thing you were on a balcony). That would have been hysterical, and I'm glad you both saw it.

·
Registered
10,719 Posts
Ya got a boot factory near by? They may want it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.