Just Labradors banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
www.labpups.com

I'm bored and just surfing. This guy sure has a racket going. Read the guarantee. The only approved food you can feed your pup is JaxMax, whatever that is? Wow, the training packages are unbelievably expensive (or I'm too damned cheap). I charge about $10.00 and hour and my students go on to show. Also, no proof of any health clearances.

I guess it's a free country, but I would never buy a pup from a place like this. Just my 2 cents.

And if labpups is on this forum, I still stand with my opinion. You got a nice racket going on there ;)

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
The wonderful food he touts the 5 ingredient is CORN!! Boy thats some GREAT FOOD! ::)

JaxMax Puppy & Adult Formula was designed for specifically for Labrador & Golden Retrievers.

Chicken & Brown rice

Features: Omega 3 & 6, Glucosamine

No Soy! No added sugar and no fillers. Low Carbohydrate. Naturally preserved. Omega 3 & 6 properly balanced. Sufficient amount of Glucosamine & Chondroitin.

List of ingredients:

Chicken Meal, Brown Rice, Brewers Rice, Poultry Fat, Ground Whole Corn, Egg Product, Rice Bran, Beet Pulp, Oat Flour, Barley, Chicken Liver Meal, Brewers Yeast, Fish Meal, Whole Ground Flax Seed, Fish Oil, Calcium Carbonate, Sodium Chloride, Potassium Chloride, Lecithin, Lactobacillus, Mannan-Oligo-Saccharide, l-Lysine (essential amino acid), dl-Methionine (essential amino acid), Yucca Schidigera, l-Carnatine, Glucosamine, Chondroitin sulfate, Ascorbic Acid (source of vitamin C), Iron Sulfate, Vitamin E Supplement, Zinc Sulfate, Zinc Proteinate, Iron Proteinate, Zinc Oxide, Copper Sulfate, Manganese Sulfate, Manganese Proteinate, Biotin Supplement, Niacin Supplement, Copper Proteinate, Calcium Pantothenate, Vitamin A Supplement, Riboflavin Supplement, Manganous Oxide, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Thiamine Mononitrate (source of Vitamin B1), Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (source of Vitamin B6)Sodium Selenite, Menadione Dimethylpyrimidinol Bisulfite (source of vitamin K Activity), Citric Acid, Calcium Iodate, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Folic Acid

·
Registered
4,364 Posts
Home of the Original Non-Hyper Family Labrador

Just reading that made me not want to continue on on that website. ::)

·
Registered
7,913 Posts
There was a big thread about this puppy mill a few months ago.

Big red flags:

"Home of the Original Non hyper Family Labrador TM" -- what the??

"It is believed by Darwinists that Labradors derived from the Dolphin many years ago. Perhaps that would explain their playfulness" -- this is just nuts.

About field trial bred Labs: "These Labs became long legged, hyper, and smart enough to play a good game of chess. Heads and tails became a bit narrower. Today, these Labs may climb the fence and take a 30 mile jog as a warm up." -- stupid, stupid generalizations.

About show bred Labs: "Intelligence and temperament can sometimes take a backseat to looks, though this is not true for all Show Labs."

Family Labs

In the 1980's, a new category was added - this was known as the Family Lab. They were bred for health, temperament, intelligence, looks, and the desire to retrieve, in that order. This led to a less hyper, very intelligent Lab that was better suited for the family situation. They did not have the monster heads of the show labs, or the smaller field trial heads, but developed proportional moderate block heads. Good temperament meant the Labs were great with children. They had enough energy to swim or play Frisbee, but were calm enough to crash at your feet and sleep by the fireplace. These Labs lost the desire to roam, and were much more comfortable at home.
Because the pressure of breeding Labs to win ribbons at events was removed, health naturally improved. Family Labs were not inbred, leading to a decrease in recessive traits causing Dwarfism and other undesirable medical conditions.

"Family Labs"?? come on!

90% of the information on this website is garbage.

·
Registered
14,925 Posts
::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

The original Family Lab was developed by the owners of Labpups.com. They have had years of experience in this field. Other breeders are just beginning to copy this formula.
I don't know what to say...

·
Registered
6,676 Posts
We hashed this over a couple of months ago....yeah...bad people.

·
Registered
841 Posts
JaxMax is a privately owned pet food company (googled). Interestingly enough, the headquarters phone number is the same main number listed on the labpups website. Way to get more bang for your buck by also requiring your patrons to buy your own food too.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts