Just Labradors banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dad sent me a bunch of slides from October of 1978 and there are some of the Labs we had back then. They're so sweet...really good pictures. Some good ones of family, even a few of me I'd never seen. I just want to get them made into pictures so they're stored better than slides.

Does anyone know if that can be done?

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
Yes, any photo shop can, also there is a device for your computor to do it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I'll have to get to the photo place here. Those pictures of the pups are great. Makes me miss those dogs - they were great dogs.

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
Actually, the prints are typicall better (sharper, clearer) from slides. Before digital came along, slides were much more popular with professional photographers. I'm not sure about now in the digital age.

·
Registered
12,170 Posts
The best method of this was a process called Cibachrome printing. I don't know if it's still available or not. All of my photography used to be done on slide film, so it was the best way I was able to get prints.

·
Registered
6,666 Posts
I have a TON of slides from when my brother and I were little. That was all my parents took. I am in the process of scanning them in to the computer, and then I'll make prints myself. You should see if the photo shop can give them to you on a CD, if you are interested in having them on the computer as a backup.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
bibber said:
I have a TON of slides from when my brother and I were little. That was all my parents took. I am in the process of scanning them in to the computer, and then I'll make prints myself. You should see if the photo shop can give them to you on a CD, if you are interested in having them on the computer as a backup.
That's exactly what I want...a CD of them so I can store them safely. I just don't know where to go. We don't really have a "photo shop" that I know of around here. Walgreens, Walmart, etc. are where I used to go to get pics developed when I actually got prints and I don't ever do that anymore.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
you can also get a video made from slides. My aunt got one done. They put music to the video. I think she got it done at the local photo shop in the mall. It was neat.

·
Registered
12,586 Posts
We have a specialty photo shop here that does them. It's the shop the pros use for their prints. Very high end. Maybe you could call a professional photographer and ask where they would have that done?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts