Just Labradors banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You know, water wells. :) We have a 90+ foot deep well in our front yard that supplies our water, obviously. We had major flooding Sunday into Monday and the area where the well is was completely covered for at least 12 hours. This morning we noticed that there is water leaking out from the base of the unit into the yard.
I'm wondering if it's just the "excess" from being flooded, or perhaps something that requires a service call. ???

Here's a bit of a visual. See in the upper left corner of this pic, there's a barrel? That barrel is covering the part that comes out of the ground. The water is leaking from the base of that. During the flood, the water was as far up as the goose in the back. :D

·
Registered
3,174 Posts
Boy Amy, I don't know. Think I would call a well person and ask them. Have you noticed a different taste or smell in your water?

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have you noticed a different taste or smell in your water?
No, not that I noticed. We don't drink the water, but it doesn't smell any different. The dogs drink it though and that has me a bit worried. Going to put them back on bottled water right away.

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
when hurricane rita flooded our house/yard we where advised to have our well tested. it was contaminated with ecoli and it is now clean...we still don't drink it. but the water was from the gulf and was here for about 1 week or so.

i think you should probably call someone just to be safe.

R

·
0 Posts
You can have your water tested, here it is done at the hospital, I would think it is just overflowing since the ground is saturated with water. I usually have our water tested once a year, we have well water too, but we drink ours, how come you don't drink it?

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
I flood waters went abouve the well head - I would call a well guy and see what they have to say. You do not want to use water out of a contaminated well for anything.

·
Registered
28,830 Posts
Don't know a thing about wells but your geese and their goslings are beautiful! What a pretty picture. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts