Just Labradors banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a job interview next week for a provincial government position. An understanding of SAP processes is considered an asset. I'm not even sure I know what SAP is, other than its an IT business process used organization-wide.

I have a lot of research to do for this one, but its a great job and I know I can develop the knowledge I need to do it... just need some background work first!

·
Registered
10,307 Posts
If you really need a job, go for it. If you are just shopping for whatever reason, pass.

SAP is a major PITA. Can work fairly well for a true high volume production management application. Unfortunately it is being promoted to, and purchased by some major corporations, my company is one. It has cost us more than it will ever save. It is difficult to set up, impossible to maintain, and has no tolerance for exceptions or special cases. Please don't tell me you need this order placed by the end of the day, because SAP will cost you at least 2 additional days to get it input.

·
Registered
8,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
lol, great!

I definitely need the job! And unfortunately the whole provincial government uses it, so I'm unlikely to escape it, since the provincial government is my employer of choice.

A big part of this job is working to improve the procurement processes, so I guess I would be working with the SAP process and other internal processes and trying to find more efficient ways to do things.

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
Sure! It's used to make maple syrup, no?

·
Registered
13,489 Posts
The company I work for uses it. It was here before me, so it was an easy transition for me. I actually haven't run into any negatives with it. I thought the last system I worked with was a PITA, so SAP is kind of a nice change. I really don't think it's that difficult. However, I'm only exposed to a small portion of the whole system, and I have heard others complain.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts