Just Labradors banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered Users
10,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sounds like it was pretty strong. :eek:

http://www.news10.net/news/story.aspx?storyid=73033&catid=2

SACRAMENTO, CA - A large earthquake off the California coast Saturday afternoon had Northern California residents reporting the tumblor from across the region.

The quake with a preliminary magnitude of 6.5 hit about 27 miles off the coast and about 10 miles deep west of Eureka at 4:27 p.m. Saturday, according to the U.S. Geological Survey.

There were no immediate reports of damage or injuries from the quake.
Respondents to the USGS Web site said the quake was felt as far south as Santa Cruz and as far inland as Reno, both over 400 miles away from the epicenter.

A News10 viewer in Grass Valley said the quake felt big there and continued shaking for about 25 seconds.

·
Registered
10,719 Posts
Just talked to a friend in Grass Valley, he said they didn't feel nothing, but he said that isn't uncommon for one area of a small town to feel it and another not.

·
Registered Users
10,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just talked to a friend in Grass Valley, he said they didn't feel nothing, but he said that isn't uncommon for one area of a small town to feel it and another not.
Thanks Glen. According to Mapquest, that's about 294 miles away. It was roughly 265 miles from my Aunt so hopefully she's ok. I'll ring her in the morning CA time.

·
Registered
6,114 Posts
My brother lives in Grass Valley and he felt it. He lives on the side of a hill with a house on stilts so that's probably why. Said it wasn't much but we're from the Bay Area and we're used to the epicenters being a lot closer.

Frankly, I find it kind of odd how many people on this site know people who live in Grass Valley. It's a small town in the middle of nowhere and yet people all over the country know somebody there. Weird.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.