Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't, thank goodness. What a nightmare!! If you do, what have you been instructed to do?

·
Registered
28,830 Posts
Before any Toyota owners get any joy, the dealership personnel who will make the changes have to go through special training on installing the new, iddy-biddy gadget.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I know Nance, that's going to take even longer!! Are they supplying everyone with a free rental in the meantime? Yea, right...

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
Toyota '08 Sienna for us. But not included in the recall.... yet.

·
Registered
26,306 Posts
Had a similar problem yesterday with the gas pedal...dd hit it instead of the brake and we lurched towards a parked car in the parking lot!! No we don't have a Toyota.
there went 10 years off my life

·
Registered
973 Posts
I have a 2010 Tacoma it is not listed in the recall. I did get a letter from Toyota last week saying when a fix is avaliable I will get a new gas pedal do dad even thought my truck isn't currently listed in the recall.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I did get a letter from Toyota last week saying when a fix is avaliable I will get a new gas pedal do dad even thought my truck isn't currently listed in the recall.
Interesting....I didn't get anything. I have an '08 FJ Cruiser, that's not on the list either.

·
Registered
29,548 Posts
All I know is the asshats in the local UAW are having a blast with this. "See, Toyota's just a POS". Dude, let's compare how many recalls Toyota has had compared to GM, shall we?

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Oh I know, Laura! The reports I heard this morning were all *insert drama music here* "Let's watch as Toyota tries to clean up their tarnished name". :drama:

·
Registered
29,548 Posts
It's ridiculous. I owned GM's for years and will NEVER buy another. Give me my Honda any day.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Me too, I will forevermore be in a Toyota. The 2 times in recent years that I purchased american, they both turned out to be sh*t and in the shop within a month of owning/leasing them.

·
Registered
973 Posts
I have always been impressed with Toyota. My son has a 04 tundra. There was a ball joint recall on them his let go in the mall parking lot. Toyota paid for the tow. When the guys towed it they dinged the fender. Toyota replaced the ball joint and fixed the fender no charge to my son.

·
Registered
6,054 Posts
I don't know about Toyotas. I had a Camry that literally fell apart on me. Even the guys at the Toyota dealership couldn't believe it. They were all "lady you need to get rid of this car." Of course all of this was after the warranty expired.
I gave it to the local DAV for them to take apart for parts--what few were still intact.

My son has a 4 Runner and loves it. I think it is about 5 or 6 years old now and still going strong. I'm sure I had the exception, but it sure soured me on Toyota.

·
Registered
16,129 Posts
All I know is the asshats in the local UAW are having a blast with this. "See, Toyota's just a POS". Dude, let's compare how many recalls Toyota has had compared to GM, shall we?
Not to mention that many Toyotas are U.S. made by U.S. workers, just not in MI.* The Prius is still manufactured in Japan, for now, until they restart work on their new plant.

*not union, either, although I think Toyota pays a pretty good wage.

·
Registered
16,129 Posts
I don't know about Toyotas. I had a Camry that literally fell apart on me. Even the guys at the Toyota dealership couldn't believe it. They were all "lady you need to get rid of this car." Of course all of this was after the warranty expired.
I gave it to the local DAV for them to take apart for parts--what few were still intact.

My son has a 4 Runner and loves it. I think it is about 5 or 6 years old now and still going strong. I'm sure I had the exception, but it sure soured me on Toyota.
Some years were notoriously bad. I had a '91 Corolla--the engine was unstoppable, but **** just fell off of the body right and left. The rearview mirror fell onto my lap one day while I was going 75 on the highway. I replaced every single door handle and three window mechanisms. Depressingly, I learned that although the engine (which was perfect) was manufactured in Japan, the body was manufactured in the US. :doh:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts