Just Labradors banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking at getting a new laptop, and really want an Apple but I am really to cheap to spend what they want for one. DS text me today telling me he heard that Apple was going to have a new computer out sometime this year that would be competively priced- anyone hear anything about this- if so I'll be waiting!!

·
Registered
13,418 Posts
no i haven't, but i'm intrigued. i'd love to have a mac laptop.

·
Registered
15,206 Posts
Eric was looking at his mac rumor site obsessively (not unusual for him at all LOL!) and anyways... he thinks there will be a new mac-mini coming.

I can ask him about laptops though if you like Jinx.

·
Registered
13,418 Posts
Eric was looking at his mac rumor site obsessively (not unusual for him at all LOL!) and anyways... he thinks there will be a new mac-mini coming.

I can ask him about laptops though if you like Jinx.
thanks, linds. i can't afford one right now, though. as long as my dell still works i can't justify a new computer. *sigh*

·
Registered
2,695 Posts
I've not heard anything but you could buy a refurbished Mac. They come with a new Mac warranty and are much less expensive.

·
Registered
7,129 Posts
What do you do with your laptop? Anything beyond surfing and occasionally using word processing, basic photo editing and the like? If so you should consider a netbook with Linux...great value (~300) and you aren't paying extra for software you won't really use. Plus no worries about needing antivirus or software issues you might associate with microsoft. I have an Asus EEE PC with Linux and I really like it.

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've not heard anything but you could buy a refurbished Mac. They come with a new Mac warranty and are much less expensive.
I'm always a little nervous about buying refurbished, but with the warranty there really isn't any reason not to at least take a look at them! Allie I haven't heard anything about the net-book- but yeah I use it for music- itunes, surfing- photos, do most my bills and of course e-mail. So sounds like something I should check in too. Thanks!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts