Just Labradors banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any good vacation suggestions for a single person? I don't want to do a singles - meeting - other - singles type vacation, just want to go somewhere to relax. Someplace fun. And warm. I just can't figure out where I'd like to go.
Where would you go if you were going to vacation alone?

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
What do you consider relaxing? I like to go somwehere tropical with an ocean beach and a few touristy things to do should I be so inclined.

My sis prefers a bed & breakfast type place at an off-season ski mountian or lake area with little to do besides admire views and hang out.

My good friend likes something in the city - Chicago, NY or New Orleans maybe - with lost of tours and tourist sights that she can do at her liesure.

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
A friend of mine just went on a vacation to Costa Rica- she went with one of those tour groups. She said she had a great time, met a lot of great folks- and was a lot of great things and would do it again in a heart beat! The only thing negative she said was there were days that were "very hot"! Hope you figure something out and have a great time- Di Oh and if you want to do something real fun like " white water rafting" there are a lot of great 3-6 day trips, they do all the cooking setting up camp, and you just ride the water and try to do your best to stay in the boat! :D

·
Registered
3,479 Posts
Vegas is a great singles place...lots of people go on conventions etc so seeing people alone eating etc is not an unusual site....and this time of year it is really warm.

When I go alone I love to go to San Diego. Lots of stuff to do and great year round weather.

Or how about rafting down the Grand Canyon...that is something I would love to do but never have. I bet a lot of "full" tours have single slots open.

·
Registered
7,129 Posts
By myself, I think I'd rather go to a big city...lots of stuff to see and do and keep busy. I think I would be bored at the beach or someplace like that. Maybe a Greek Isles cruise? Beach and awesome places to see/things to do.

My grandmother is a single lady and she likes traveling internationally with a tour group...I think she usually uses Grand Circle Tours. You can pair up with someone to share a room or go by yourself, but you're with a group and always meet people.

·
Registered
4,486 Posts
Zoe and I are going to a little island in the lowcountry (SC) for a few days. I want to do the same thing; relax, read, eat, sleep. I found a lady that owns a cottage on a few acres by the march and has a private pool and it's entirely fenced and only a few miles from the beach. I can't wait.
If I had a bit more money I might take a cruise, but hey; just leaving the other furkids for a few days is a HUGE step for me!

·
Registered
11,990 Posts
Cruises are EXTREMELY cheap this year. They are practically less expensive than staying home. If my husband could stand to be at sea, we'd be doing that.

·
Registered
22,832 Posts
I would go to the beach. I would find a dog friendly place & take my dogs. If you just want to relax...that is my perfect reaxation place. :)

·
Registered
2,697 Posts
St. George Island in Florida. Really nothing there but a beach. Quiet and relaxing.

·
Registered
6,114 Posts
Cruises are EXTREMELY cheap this year. They are practically less expensive than staying home. If my husband could stand to be at sea, we'd be doing that.
I second that. Some of the deals I've seen have been unbelievable. It's warm, easy to meet people if you want or hang by yourself if you don't, food is good, excursions are great and nobody will think it's weird that you're by yourself.

My husband won't do the ship thing either. Ticks me off.

·
Registered
6,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Lyndon, J-Town, New Albany? Or were you wanting to get a little farther away?
Ha!
I could go to Russell Springs for a week. Cheap, and I can take the dogs.

Seriously, a beach somewhere sounds nice. Walks on the beach, margaritas by the pool.
I'm looking at some tours--cruises just don't do anything for me.

·
Registered
4,486 Posts
My brother and his family and dog love Cape San Blas...it's VERY dog friendly, if you want to take the dogs.
http://www.thecapeescape.com/

If will email you the link of where I am going in June. It's very private and safe and you can take your boys if you want to.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts