Just Labradors banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6,118 Posts
I don't have one but have slept on one once. I've been told that you get used to it, but the foam definitely feels very different than a conventional mattress. Even so, I thought it was too hot.

However, a close friend of mine has one and she absolutely swears by it. She moved it overseas with her, and back again when she was relocated home. But it took so long for her stuff to come back that she bought ANOTHER one before it arrived so now her old one is in her guest room! She could probably be in a commercial for them.

·
Registered
18 Posts
We had one... didnt care for it...my back actually hurt more with it than a regular mattress. Got rid of it and got a regular mattress.. BAck feels much better.. Yes it was hot too.

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was worried about the hot...

We're both side-sleepers, and like a firm mattress, and are on a hunt for a new one. I roll a lot because I get pressure points from my current mattress (Sealy Posturepedic I think) and limbs fall asleep, and I do get quite a bit of lower back pain when I wake up. :(

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Hey, when are you moving in? I still sooooo thrilled for you both!! :D :D

Too hot! Not for me...

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
I have one, for about 1.5 years now. i like it very much! I look forward to going to bed! And I was worried about the hot factor also, but if anything I find it cooler than a conventional mattress.

Frances

·
Registered
5,336 Posts
We have one, Felicia. Love, love, love it. Some people find them too warm. However, I have never once had that complaint. Mark, for some reason, was very much against having one in the beginning (must have been the cost! LOL) But now?? After sleeping on it for a few years?? We will never go back to a conventional mattress.

We are both side sleepers, too. :)

What fun this time must be for you! Setting up 'house' with your hunny. :D

·
Registered
6,114 Posts
Does anybody know how long it takes before it stops springing back and you end up sleeping in a hole? I like the fact that they don't transfer motion; my husband is a thrasher and I'd pay a lot for a decent night's sleep.

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
I was worried about the hot...

We're both side-sleepers, and like a firm mattress, and are on a hunt for a new one. I roll a lot because I get pressure points from my current mattress (Sealy Posturepedic I think) and limbs fall asleep, and I do get quite a bit of lower back pain when I wake up. :(
Check out the Sleep Number beds, Felicia. I have two disintegrating disks in my lower back and have to sleep on my side. With the Sleep Number bed, you can adjust it to however you are feeling that night. When I have it at 45 or lower, I can even sleep on my back and still be able to move in the morning! I have a 3" foam topper on top of the Sleep Number mattress, because we got the 5000, second-lowest model. Put a good mattress cover on to hold the foam in place and you have a super pillow-top for less than the higher-end models. ;) And it isn't hot.

They have an adjustable Sleep Number bed now (like the Craftmatic, where you can raise and lower the head and foot). That is my dream bed! I will have one some day. :D

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
What fun this time must be for you! Setting up 'house' with your hunny. :D
Soooo much fun!! :D We found an awesome table and chairs for our eat-in kitchen over the weekend. :)

Amy, we're both moving in mid-Sept-ish. We get the keys on the first of September (just in time for my bday!! *giggle*) and so we'll have the rooms that need painting painted first, and our closet put in, and then we'll move in a few weeks afterwards. He's got a week off, so he gets to do the unpacking. LOL!!!!! :D

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
You should try the topper, Felicia.. costco has them.. maybe do some research on which are better.. that way you don't have to invest too much to find out if you like them.. if you like it, you can buy a full-on mattress and move the topper + old mattress to the guest room.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts