Just Labradors banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
UPDATE: That has to be one of the loudest machines I have ever been aorund! :surprise: No dye, thank God, and they put me in feet first so my head was out. Took 30 minutes in the machine, and I was wishing I had another set of earplugs. :laugh: I will find out Friday afternoon what the results are.

Thanks for all the support and good wishes. :happy:

I have to have one tonight on the knee. They suggested that Bill drive me, as some people have a reaction to the dye. Has anyone had one before, have you had a reaction, and what happened? The doc said that since it is my knee, they may put me in feet first, which would be a good thing.

·
Registered
29,548 Posts
Re: anyone had an MRI?

I've had two. One on my head and another on my ankle when they suspected I ruptured the tendon, which of course I did. I had my ankle MRI at 2 in the morning. Just make sure you wear absolutely no jewelry.

It's not a big deal and didn't have any reactions to the dye. I think I was in and out in like 15 minutes.

·
Registered
11,362 Posts

I've had a brain MRI (yes, they found something in there, har-de-har-har) and one on my ankles. No dye though. If they just stick your legs in it will be a piece of cake. You can probably nap. They will brace your leg so you don't move it. That's the worst part...being told you can't move...cuz then you know you gotta! Good luck!

·
Registered
13,418 Posts

i've had two, but didn't have a reaction. you are lucky it's on your knee. mine were on my brain. and i have claustrophobia. :scared:

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

labby said:
I've had two. One on my head and another on my ankle when they suspected I ruptured the tendon, which of course I did. I had my ankle MRI at 2 in the morning. Just make sure you wear absolutely no jewelry.

It's not a big deal and didn't have any reactions to the dye. I think I was in and out in like 15 minutes.
Thanks for the heads-up. They didn't tell me not to wear jewelry, just asked if I had any metal IN my body.

I have to be there at 7:00 pm, test is scheduled for 7:20 pm.

·
Registered
29,548 Posts

They'll look you over for jewelry, so I just take mine off at home and that way I don't have to worry about losing it.

T

·
0 Posts

Jinx said:
i've had two, but didn't have a reaction. you are lucky it's on your knee. mine were on my brain. and i have claustrophobia. :scared:
ditto, that's what I had too and was claustrophobic too :ugly:

·
Registered
28,830 Posts

It's no biggie, really. A little loud, maybe, but not deafening.
The techs will check you out for anything metallic you may have on and make sure it is removed before you enter the scanner.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts

I have had a few. It is not scary, but it is noisy. If they will let you have headphones and listen to the radio, that helps. Go potty first...... :scared:

·
Registered
8,657 Posts

Well, you're probably there by now - everything will be fine. You won't even go all the way in with your knee. I just had one a month or so ago on my knee, and another one on my foot. No dye with either. Mostly it's boring. Hope they find your knee is alright - let us know how it goes.

·
Registered
6,054 Posts

I had one on my brain. It was one of the open MRIs. No biggy.

·
Registered
7,352 Posts

No problem with the dye...when they did my knee I laid there and counted the holes in the ceiling panels....simple things to keep me occupied. I now insist my shoulder ones be done in an open MRI so I can at least look out as I hate tight places but the knee one they put you in feet first so you can always see...and I agree pee first.

·
Registered
11,446 Posts
I had an MRI on both my knees over the summer due to some knee pain. Those things are soooo loud and annoying, but at least with knees you don't need the dye! :happy:

The only thing I found out is that I have an extra bone in my left knee..! :laugh:

·
Registered
5,146 Posts
Yep. On my head. Funny thing is I don't remember it being noisy. I remember getting an x ray first because I'd used a soldering iron that year, but I completely forgot the noise. I remember being claustrophobic.

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
Had one of my lower back yesterday actually! I get to complain how loud it was here?

I did have contrast and they asked if I was allergic, I said 'I have no idea' they didn't ask if I was allergic to strawberries, which is apparently somehow related to contrast...I had to have an IV hung when I was done because I was going to go into anaphylactic shock. But alas, nothing so dramatic, just a rash/hives outbreak and really uncomfortable today, kinda itchy.

But yes, it was loud. I thought it was struggling cause I'm fat :)

·
Registered
7,352 Posts
AmazonGold said:
UPDATE: That has to be one of the loudest machines I have ever been aorund! :surprise: No dye, thank God, and they put me in feet first so my head was out. Took 30 minutes in the machine, and I was wishing I had another set of earplugs. :laugh: I will find out Friday afternoon what the results are.

Thanks for all the support and good wishes. :happy:

I have to have one tonight on the knee. They suggested that Bill drive me, as some people have a reaction to the dye. Has anyone had one before, have you had a reaction, and what happened? The doc said that since it is my knee, they may put me in feet first, which would be a good thing.
Hope everything is ok but I wouldn't be suprised if you tore something. And I agree they are loud Bang Bang Bang BANG tap tap tap tap.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts