Just Labradors banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bauer has been on Nutro Natural Choice Lamb and Rice, and due to the recent FDA inquiries . . . we are switching food. Just wondering if anyone feeds Purina Pro Plan, or has any experience with it.

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
I've fed proplan to two of my dogs their whole lives (so far ;) ) and I am happy with it.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
I can't find ProPlan around here, so I was feeding Purina One Natural Blend. Now they stopped selling that around here, too. Regular Purino One now and all 3 are doing great on it.

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
I feed Snicks ProPlan Sensitive Skin & Stomach. It's salmon based and stinks like you would not believe. But she does well on it.

·
Registered
13,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sounds good, I think we will give it a try.

Thanks!

·
Registered
11,445 Posts
I had Abbey on the Lamb + Rice formula and she did well on it (good coat, firm stool, nice breath) but she has grain allergies, so she was a bit itchy. My parents' dog doesn't have allergies and does great on the L+R formula. They switch it up and will give her the Chicken formula too.

·
Registered
22,832 Posts
My girls eat ProPlan Selects Chicken & Rice. They have been on ProPlan since they were puppies. No ear problems, good stools & beautiful coats. But I did not care for the texture of the shredded blend so we went to the Selects. :)

·
Registered
629 Posts
We have Diesel on Pro Plan Large Breed and he is doing really well so far.
Jenica was having some ear problems and also went into a total refusal of food (for three days and after that very picky eating) so that we switched her off it. But she is our problem dog anyways.

·
Registered
3,514 Posts
I was feeding it until they did the continuous price increases, bag size decreases and then they blew it with the formula change. I considered the Selects. I even fed Cinder one bag but I did not like it...the second bag STANK!! Rotten. Then I found another bag at the store that had maggots!! EWWW.
I landed on Diamond Naturals Chicken and Rice. The ingredients IMO are comparable if not better than the Selects and priced better.

·
Registered
11,990 Posts
Pro Plan LB Pupppy is what I am feeeding Blaise. Not sure if I will continue once he is grown. Diesel is on Wellness Core.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts