Just Labradors banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I experienced the real-time version yesterday. I'll spare the details, but suffice to say I am familiar with the plumbing in a manner I never dreamed of before.

And the result: NO CANCER!!!

It's stones.

Thankfully.

There's an 'official' one -- small -- in the right kid. One other pre-stone there and two others in the left.

No treatment yet other than an appointment in 6 months. And the advisement to get to the ER ASAP if writhing in pain. Gee, thanks, doc.

If needed, he can zap, but he's adopting a wait-n-see on that one, owing to a total lack of symptoms and the small size of the stone itself.

Of the three possibilities of blood in the urine, this one's middle of the road: An infection would have been easy to cure w/antibiotics. Cancer would have been terrifying. So I'll take Curtain B and move on.

·
Registered
11,362 Posts
Glad you got what's behind Curtain B. Are you in pain or uncomfortable? Sorry you have these. My dad gets them all the time and I know they can be awful.

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Retriever Mama said:
Glad you got what's behind Curtain B. Are you in pain or uncomfortable? Sorry you have these. My dad gets them all the time and I know they can be awful.
I am totally symptom-free. For now. Had it not been for an odd color in the bowl, I'd've never known at all.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Oh thank God, Dan! The stones might be a "bit" painful to pass, but at least it's not something worse. :happy:

·
Registered
13,489 Posts
I'm so glad to hear this. Thank goodness for you Dan. You will be fine! And yes, I've seen Fantastic Voyage. Have you ever seen "Osmosis Jones"?

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
Great news Dan!! Hope the stones, such a scary word but actually are most likely a mere pebble or piece of sand, either way I hope they pass easily for you :happy:

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
dipete said:
Great news Dan!! Hope the stones, such a scary word but actually are most likely a mere pebble or piece of sand, either way I hope they pass easily for you :happy:
Thanks. 'Cause I'm imagining the Rock of Gibraltar!

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
dweck said:
dipete said:
Thanks. 'Cause I'm imagining the Rock of Gibraltar!
Given the circumference of the tube they have to come out of it can sometimes feel like that! Hopefully were talking more like sand in an hour glass and its smooth sailing!! ;)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts