Just Labradors banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
28,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hate having my picture taken. HATE it.

My left eye is the lazy one... it loves to sit on the bridge of my nose when it is tired.

Had to get some pics done for my trip (to offer for museum passes and such). Tud took some last weekend and I was careful to have my left eye look over the top of his right ear to avoid the lazy-look.

The result? Lazy Eye looks dead center and right (normal) eye looks to be hugging my nose. The pics are freaky looking and I hate them.

I also need teeth whitener and a few pounds on me. I look like a really really really BAD version of an Audrey Hepburn wannabe.

GAHHHHHH! I'm not going

Okay... that's all.

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
You ARE going and you will have a wonderful time! People usually take bad pictures, anyway. Wouldn't you rather someone looked at a pic and said "Oh, you are so much nicer looking in person!" instead of shock, a double-take, and "Oh, how old is this pic?" :confused:

·
Registered
28,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, girls. *sniffle*
I didn't realize how awful I look these days.

Oh what the heck. I'll find a stray, cute little doggie over there to latch onto and nobody will notice anything but adorable little four-paws.

Gawd... I really do sound vainglorious, don't I?!?

·
Registered
16,476 Posts
Oh Nance, because you "know", you "notice"

A co-worker has a lazy eye and I never noticed it until she told me.
You go and have the time of your life.

Wear dark glasses? (j/k) really, I never noticed Sharon's and I knew her 10 years before she told me, only because we got Lasik the same time

Crest white strips....a bit pricey, but they work. I think they have a 5 minute one now? Not sure. I did the 20 minute one years ago. A pain, but they worked. (Todd, our DDS neighbor also recommends these)

·
Registered
4,486 Posts
my cousin had one that she had to have surgery on as a child; it was very severe. i just saw a pic of her recently and noticed it. just smile really big and the twinkles of your eyes will shine through and you won't even notice.

·
Registered
29,548 Posts
I've been feeling extremely ugly and fat the past week. :(

Use Crest white strips. I use them once a year, with my dentist's approval. If your teeth start to get sensitive, only use them once a day instead of twice.

·
Registered
28,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Awww, you girls. Thanks so much. You just, I don't know, made me feel more confident about fixing things just because of your posts.

If I were one of our labs I'd *slurp* you and wag my tail like mad.

·
Registered
927 Posts
Nance

It is not about what people see on the outside, Everyone knows that You are a wonderful woman and friend to all, because of your extremely large and generous heart. Like everyone said, wear your sunglasses and smile as big as can be. The smile is what opens everyone up and just go from there. When do you leave for the big trip??? Have the time of you life with your sisters, besides, you will all be laughing so hard the whole time that it really won't matter if you have a lazy eye or not. I have one too, from a past surgery. But again-SMILE and Enjoy the experience. You deserve it.

Love Ya Nance
Ginny

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
This is probably not my place to post, and I hope I do not offend, but one of my frineds has/had a lazy eye. It was actually pretty severe. She was referred to a pediatric eye surgeon who was able to fix her lazy eye. It is not 100% perfect, but very close. It was an amazing proceedure. She was told it could never be fixed past age 8, but this surgeon was able to help her.

I hope I haven't offended you by posting that...It was not my intention. You may notice your eye, but others go right to the smile. :)

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Nance, is it something that could be photoshopped? I can whiten teeth and fix the eye for you. Just email me the pic if I can be of help.

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
Nance, I have a slighty lazy eye, it is much less noticeable now than when I was a child, it is my right one so between us we have a good pair of eyes!

Did Tud use the flash? I always find my eye turns in more when the flash is on, could you go outdoors in the natural light and not use the flash?

Like others have said though, i bet you we are more self conscious than we need to be, others probably don't even see it.

Enjoy Paris, there are so many "unique individuals" to look at, no-one is going to bat an eye at your eye hitchin' a ride on your nose~:)

·
Registered
28,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Awwww, Jasper. You understand, don't you. That's not too bad, though. Tell your daddy to position the camera differently next time. : -)

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
You-know-who had a lazy eye as a child:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts