Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A boring day a work today and looking at JL. I wish I could go home now and play with Darla and Bob. I am missing them so much right now.

Anyone else ever look at their fur babies pics and want to go home NOW?

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Replying to my own post but just wanted to share. Bob, my yellow boy is just not too smart. He is the bestest dog ever but just not as driven to learn as Darla is. He could manage sit but even that was pushing his abilities. Anyway the other night when I got home from work we did the normal trick for treat session. I had Bob in a sit and touched his shoulder and he gave me his paw. I could not believe it. So tried again and said "shake" and he did it!!! He did not know he was doing it but did it. yea!

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
haha. I do miss my kids when I'm not home, but like every other "parent" i'm not gunna lie, getting some time alone is nice too lol Maybe its cuz I have such a huge freakin family ::)

·
Registered
8,752 Posts
You know what's the worst for me?? Seeing Henery's yellow little head staring mournfully out the door as I back out of my driveway. Grabs me in the heart EVERY day.

But the best part of coming home?? He's in the same doorway, tail wagging furiously while he frantically tries to decide whether to stay at the door and see me, or run and grab a toy for me! :)

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's funny he Henery has to grab the toy. Darla has to grab a throw pillow or kong and you would think she is going to jump right through you when she comes to you. Bob is crated and he does his fron leg tap dance until the crate dorr is open.

·
Registered
10,345 Posts
Oh yeah...I catch myself thinking about Tal several times a day and I just smile to myself. When I get home he doen't bark anymore but is sitting patiently in his crate waiting for me to open the door...then he bolts 'cua he has to wee and he knows a game of fetch is right behind!

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
Every day! I get tears in my eyes some mornings when I have to leave. They look sad too. though I am sure that's because they know there won't be atrip to the park! LOL!

But coming home makes up for it. Fanny bounces up and down on her front legs, looking up at my face with the happiest smile on it, you're home! Eddie can't keep still, weaves in and out of my legs then has to get a toy because he can't stand the excitement anymore! then JJ and Windsor join in and it is treat time.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I'm on disability so I only leave the house for errands or social visits. Although I do feel so sad leaving all the dogs. Peanut hops up and down on her front legs when I come thru the door. Then she slides up to me and wiggles.

·
Registered
9,926 Posts
Usually I would say no I like the peace and quiet without Ernie, but I have had to leave him at the beach while his leg recovers and I miss him so much. Who ever would have thought this would happen. I am seeing him again tomorrow.

·
Registered
9,226 Posts
I only work away from home 5 hours a day 4 days a week and I miss them!

The hard part is I never want to leave them...not even for a couple of hours..

·
Registered
3,339 Posts
i def miss my dogs when i'm at work.
i hate leaving them in the a.m., though i'm pretty sure they sleep most of the day.
there's nothing better than coming home to the wiggly butts and love love love, makes everything right again!

oh and surfing JL and seeing everyone else's labbies helps get me through the work day ;)

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
Posted by: BradsDarla
Replying to my own post but just wanted to share. Bob, my yellow boy is just not too smart. He is the bestest dog ever but just not as driven to learn as Darla is. He could manage sit but even that was pushing his abilities. Anyway the other night when I got home from work we did the normal trick for treat session. I had Bob in a sit and touched his shoulder and he gave me his paw. I could not believe it. So tried again and said "shake" and he did it!!! He did not know he was doing it but did it. yea!
Atta boy, Bob! :)

Yep, sure do. I give Thor a cookie everytime I leave. He looks so sad when I go to the door and he watches me from the stairs window. When I get home, it never fails, he is always sitting there at the window and then wiggly butt when I come in! ;D

·
Registered
127 Posts
I HATE leaving the girls. Breaks my heart. Each one gets a kiss and a hug just before I walk out the door.

After work, the excitement is unbelievable! All good things happen when Mom gets home...kisses, hugs, walks, games, DINNER and treats!

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
I get to bring mine to work with me. They are out in teh car right now, waiting for me to take them for a run with the golf cart!

·
Registered
746 Posts
Always. I think about him a lot and how fortunate we are to have him. He has had free run of the house for better than 6 months now and doesn't give me the sad eyes when I leave anymore. He knows he is getting a biscuit when we go to work and I think he looks forward to us leaving. I also think he spends a lot of time sleeping on the couch and or our bed. ;)

When he was crated, he would give me the sadest look when I left the house. But coming home is always a party with him. Butt swinging, front paws tapping and then he sits and leans into me while giving kisses. Alright, I'm ready to go home for some lab love now and it is only 11am. ;D

·
Registered
2,688 Posts
I miss Bailey every day, but do like the break as well (as other's have said). Always go home at lunch, & that's a nice break from work for me too!
It's been hard this week with Bailey being sick (just an upset stomach) but she looks so sad when I leave. :(
Can't wait until she doesn't have to be in her kennel & can have free reign of the house (we'll try & see if that day ever comes!!). :)

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
I do! That's what gets me through my work day - going home to see my husband and the dogs. :D

·
Registered
111 Posts
SO much! I wish I could bring him to work with me! Nothing is better than going home to be greeted by Chance's wagging tail and happy wiggling at the end of the day.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts