Just Labradors banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone else find it very difficult to leave for work in the morning?

The last thing I do before heading out the door is to dispense kisses and hugs to my 3 labs...along with instructions to "be good girls today."

They're so cute and warm and comfy and sleepy that it takes everything in me NOT to call in sick and spend the day with them.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
My husband kisses my three before he kisses me goodbye in the morning. LOL

·
Registered
13,524 Posts
I work from home.
Me too, Bauer lays here next to (or under) my desk all day long. If I did have to go somewhere, it would be hard to leave (he sleeps all day so I don't think he would care). My boys (11 and 15) kiss and hug him before they leave for school, and he is the first one they greet when they come home. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
13,489 Posts
Yes, I hate it. They know when it's time though. Willy goes and lays on his bed and waits for his kong. I give them both their kongs and tell them to be good boys and girls as I go out the door.

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
What a cute pic of Caleb!!
I don't feel guilty. I drop Saba off at my folks' place every morning, where I know he gets spoiled with treats, long walks and hanging out on the backyard most of the day (when it's nice).
oh, and did I mention my mom feels compelled to buy him a new stuffie about once a month???!?!
Nope. don't feel guilty at all.

·
Registered
10,307 Posts
HK couldn't be happier when it is time for me to leave. She sits at the door, ears and eyes all happy. AND does not move until she receives her morning bribe from me!

·
Registered
12,420 Posts
I hate to leave but they each get kisses, a kong (that makes it ok for mom to leave) and instructions to be good and I'll be home shortly. I'm just glad I work part time. It makes it easier. How I miss them when I'm gone tho. I can't wait until take your dog to work day and Rush will get to go with me.:)

·
Registered
13,489 Posts
I hate to leave but they each get kisses, a kong (that makes it ok for mom to leave) and instructions to be good and I'll be home shortly. I'm just glad I work part time. It makes it easier. How I miss them when I'm gone tho. I can't wait until take your dog to work day and Rush will get to go with me.:)
That's right, I forgot that's coming up. I'll get to bring them both to work.

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
I work from my home, so leaving for work is not bad. But leaving other times is hard. I leave Spud and Hoppy in their crates, so that's not too bad. They look happy and fine. But going off and leaving Sally standing there at the back door is torture!!! She has so gotten down the "Mom, you're not going to leave me, are you?" look. Heart breaking! :(

·
Registered
137 Posts
Ugh....i hate leaving, the last thing i do before she goes in the crate is put my shoes on....she sits on the floor right next to me watching every move i make with the saddest face ever...ears completely down and a pouty face....breaks my heart :(

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Oh for the day I can retire and stay home

It kills me to leave Abbey and Coco every day. The only saving grace is that my husband is home with them during the day. They both still know I am leaving though and stand in the kitchen to block the door. We go through a routine of rubs, kisses, ear scratches, cookies and finally I tell them to be good girls for Dad. I just have to go out the door and close it or Abbey will start to cry. Jim says they know my truck when it pulls in the driveway. I know they know his too (it is a diesel) because they get all excited when they hear that sound in our driveway. I would rather stay home with them to play, walk, run at the ballpark or whatever. Someone once said they liked dogs better than humans. I have to say I agree with that most of the time. Deciding to get labby babies was one of the best decisions we ever made. Love and joy every single day; not to mention all the snuggles and kisses!!:)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.