Just Labradors banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heeling to Music with their dogs? I have decided to take a class at the training facility/doggie day care I work at. A friend is teaching it. While I have little interest in the musical part of it, I do find the precision heeling/doodling fun!

·
Registered
3,514 Posts
I actually considered years ago with Cinder. She always loves it when I put music on and dance around the house. She would walk around me and wiggle. So I started teaching her some moves. She was a great leg weaver!
But she took her turn for the worse and we never did. Never considered it with any of the others.

·
Registered
4,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have watched some of the videos, and so much of it involves the same moves/doodling/exercises that I do and train for obedience that I thought it might be a fun way of practicing obedience moves. Hoss of course would have to do it to the theme to the Bonanza t.v. show...with a leather doggie vest!

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
I took a class with Riley ages ago and yes the doodling did help with heeling/obedience exercises but decided quickly that neither of us were dancers..LOL..

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
I think it would be lots of fun, let us know how it goes!

·
Registered
12,586 Posts
I have watched some of the videos, and so much of it involves the same moves/doodling/exercises that I do and train for obedience that I thought it might be a fun way of practicing obedience moves. Hoss of course would have to do it to the theme to the Bonanza t.v. show...with a leather doggie vest!
Yes, exactly! Angus and I took several classes together. I'd still be taking, but the instructor seems to have stopped offering it.

It really is a great way to doodle. I saw the famous video of Rookie to "Grease," and remember thinking, "Wow, a lot of that is stuff we do when we're just goofing around." That's what first got me interested. I found it to be a lot of fun to teach the moves, and I like it because it's less about precision and more about repetoire and showmanship (which suits Angus to a T!). I still dream of getting together a routine with Angus. Sadly, there are not many opportunities for competition, though.

·
Registered
8,657 Posts
I would love to be abe to take a class with Emiu - she likes "trick" type things, and I think she would like "dancing" I did buy a book on it,but we've never worked on it because we have so much other stuff to do. I've never seen anything in my area concerning freestyle.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts