Just Labradors banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
15,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went contra dancing for the first time this past weekend. I couldn't believe how fun it was! My feet hurt... it was quite warm... and sometimes got me a little dizzy... but it was so much fun!

Oh and one of the "pros" said I had a nice swing ;) I was so glad I was able to pick things up fairly easily and was able to relax and have fun.

·
Registered
15,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmmm.... linky? I tried googling and youtube searching but I don't think I'm finding the right thing.

I think this little weekend experience has motivated me to try finding other kinds of dance classes/get togethers etc. as I usually prefer a more ... sultry?... kind of dancing.

·
Registered
15,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ahhh... so it was a joke I don't know the reference too... oh well :D

MidwestGirl... I posted a youtube link. It's kinda like square dancing but ... not. lol

·
Registered
15,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You never heard of the Contras and Sandinistas?!?!
Nope... I mean... yes to "contra" (I vaguely remember hearing/learning that term) ... but I don't think I remember ever hearing the term "sandinistas." I was never that great at geography and history.

So I just wiki'd and I get the joke now :p

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
I like to contra dance, but it's so hard to find a good contra band.

*ba rum buh!*

·
Registered
257 Posts
Contra dancing is SO much fun! I used to go with my best friend from high school, but we lost touch a long time ago, and I haven't been since. Her grandfather played in the band wherever we went. I loved it.

·
Registered
7,664 Posts
I used to go with my best friend from high school, but we lost touch a long time ago, and I haven't been since.
Your friends don't dance, and if they don't dance, well, they're no friends of mine.

Oh, wait, this isn't a song lyric thread. Never mind! :)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts